The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From DPR (DP2 Vids)

fordfanjpn

Saw this at DPR and thought it very interesting....

You can convert the page to English etc with Fox Lingo....

http://maros-notebook.txt-nifty.com/notebook/2009/03/pie2009-20090-2.html

shooter
Good find. Thanks. You can see that while not fast by any means, the DP2 is still substantially faster than the DP1.

One thing I don't get though - he says the DP2 is set to "RAW, Size HI, ISO 100", but wouldn't "Size HI" only be relevant to jpeg mode? Oh well, I guess we'll find out in another month or so. It's gonna be a very long month. :(

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill. When it comes to the details of the vid,
actually I was counting on you to figure it all out beings that
you are over there...kinda like a techie interpreter....

It does look promising...much faster than the DP1,
not that I'm complaining....

Your right....long month ahead....
Don

B

Blaugrana

A long, tortuous month, indeed.

Is there any chance Hi + Raw could refer to JPEG [Hi/med/low quality] + RAW? I don't think I'd seen that capability in the specs, though.

Good find. Thanks. You can see that while not fast by any means, the DP2 is still substantially faster than the DP1.

One thing I don't get though - he says the DP2 is set to "RAW, Size HI, ISO 100", but wouldn't "Size HI" only be relevant to jpeg mode? Oh well, I guess we'll find out in another month or so. It's gonna be a very long month. :(

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

Is there any chance Hi + Raw could refer to JPEG [Hi/med/low quality] + RAW? I don't think I'd seen that capability in the specs, though.
I hope not or hope that you can write Raw
only. The camera's slow enuff without
having to write 2 files everytime.
That would be a deal breaker for me.
I can make my own jpgs....
Don

fordfanjpn

No, the specs show that the camera can shoot Raw or jpeg, but not both at the same time.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Bill. When it comes to the details of the vid,
actually I was counting on you to figure it all out beings that
you are over there...kinda like a techie interpreter....

It does look promising...much faster than the DP1,
not that I'm complaining....

Your right....long month ahead....
Don
Basically, each of the videos shows the camera's response time with it set in various modes. I haven't looked at an online translation, but if you want, I can translate the descriptions under each of the videos.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill etc,
Here's the description as from DPR...

Descriptions of each video:

Video 1: Powering up, single AF shot
Video 2: Continuous AF shots
Video 3: Single MF shot in continuous drive mode
Video 4: Monitor off, single MF shot in continuous drive mode (fastest)
Video 5: Live view off (info only), single MF shot in continuous drive mode
Video 6: Live histogram view, single MF shot in continuous drive mode
Video 7: Live histogram view, single AF shot in continuous drive mode

B

Blaugrana

Bill,

Only if you've not much else to do. Here's a "Googlation" of the guy's thoughts on the DP2:
http://translate.google.com/transla...fty.com/notebook/2009/03/pie2009-dp2-200.html

The translation clearly leaves plenty to be desired, though one can get the gist of what he's saying (most of the time).

Dan

Basically, each of the videos shows the camera's response time with it set in various modes. I haven't looked at an online translation, but if you want, I can translate the descriptions under each of the videos.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Bill,

Only if you've not much else to do. Here's a "Googlation" of the guy's thoughts on the DP2:
http://translate.google.com/transla...fty.com/notebook/2009/03/pie2009-dp2-200.html

The translation clearly leaves plenty to be desired, though one can get the gist of what he's saying (most of the time).

Dan
You gotta love those online translations. Well, the guy's writing is a bit colloquial, but here's a quick and dirty translation of what he wrote.

Bill

"Since I had some unavoidable personal business to attend to in the morning, and I only had a few things to do at the office in the evening, I headed for PIE.

There was a pre-production DP2 available for handling, so I used my DP1 to take some movies and record the actual response [of the DP2].

During continuous exposure, it took about 1 minute to switch from MF to AF.

However, the Sigma dude said that this response will possibly be changed in the production model. It was not exactly slow, but ...

There's no question that it has gotten faster. To check the image quality, I put my SD card in and secretly tried it out. I was allowed to test it out, and I took the images with me. But I can't show them to the public.

To show some examples of how Sigma is coming along, I'm making a menu on my "Sample Images" page, but you'll have to wait a while for that.

Well, since it's almost 9 o'clock and I haven't done any work yet ..."

B

Blaugrana

Fantastic, Bill! Thanks!

A minute to change from MFto AF!!??? That's a bit odd, no? Still, I'd be thrilled with it, I've no doubts. Maybe he needed to switch something else first. A pity he can't show us the pictures he took, although from the videos, they were surely less than inspired.

Nice to know so many others are waiting for this camera with such utter devotion!

You gotta love those online translations. Well, the guy's writing is a bit colloquial, but here's a quick and dirty translation of what he wrote.

Bill

"Since I had some unavoidable personal business to attend to in the morning, and I only had a few things to do at the office in the evening, I headed for PIE.

There was a pre-production DP2 available for handling, so I used my DP1 to take some movies and record the actual response [of the DP2].

During continuous exposure, it took about 1 minute to switch from MF to AF.

However, the Sigma dude said that this response will possibly be changed in the production model. It was not exactly slow, but ...

There's no question that it has gotten faster. To check the image quality, I put my SD card in and secretly tried it out. I was allowed to test it out, and I took the images with me. But I can't show them to the public.

To show some examples of how Sigma is coming along, I'm making a menu on my "Sample Images" page, but you'll have to wait a while for that.

Well, since it's almost 9 o'clock and I haven't done any work yet ..."