The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

kite day

D

ddk

Interesting, unfortunately no kite days in my neck of woods, interesting and nice work with the pp.

Lili

Wayne, fascinating, esp the dragon kite in thefirst set and the one with the gent releasing the multi-celled-milti-colored kite!

N

nei1

Wayne ,do you have any here that you like more than the others,or is this a series,or do you feel the individuals reaction to the photos important in deciding the more important ones.There are very few people that I would have the cheek to ask this of as it is very nosy but I feel you and your ideas are made of pretty hefty stuff and so couldnt be deflected by anything I might say,however am more than prepared to be ignored.
As always Wayne surprised and encouraged by your work,...........all the best Neil.

I feel I should add that for me this "collection"of photos is some of your best.

Last edited:

smokysun

hi neil,
at heart i guess i'm a photojournalist of everyday life. the series works to tell a story. at the same time i'm always surprised at what other people like best. so i tend to put a lot out. unfortunately, i like to experiment and get bored doing the same thing, so i'll never develop a single style. it was really fun photographing yesterday cause the wind had everybody going bannanas and laughing even as i photographed, the dp1 a very innocent looking kind of camera.
thanks for your interest and questions!
best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. editors do (can) provide a very valuable service.

Last edited:

smokysun

neil,
been thinking about your questions all day. to try again.
yes, some i like better than others, however i often find ones i think rather flat are preferred by impartial viewers. in this sense i hope everyone can find one pic they like.
as for series, i have a great weakness in that i don't like to crop. here i had no choice. and cropping for story seems to me in most cases a necessity. the changing format keeps up (i hope) interest. all the great magazines worked in this manner.
is that a bit clearer?
best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp :scry:

Last edited: