The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP2 on sale ...

fordfanjpn

Just checked the price at Yodobashi. It will be 69,800 yen. I'll be stopping at Yodobashi tonight on the way home to reserve mine. It's gonna be a long 3 weeks! :(

Bill

fordfanjpn

It's done. I stopped at Yodobashi and reserved a DP2. The guy in the store told me I was the first one to reserve the camera. I bet I won't be the last. I already have a 40mm Voigtlander viewfinder for it, and I'm thinking about getting another Artisan&Artist case for it too. I don't even have the camera yet and I'm already buying accessories for it! Is that bad? :rolleyes:

Bill

otumay

No, I think not. I share your enthusiasm, being in that same sweet situation many, many times. I do hope that DP2 will do much better justice to the promising Foveon sensor. I tried hard to make SD14 or DP1 one of my main cameras, but failed miserably.
Do let those anticipative emotions keep coming.
Kind regards,
Osman

Rick Waldroup

Bill, I hope you post some shots with it right away. Do me a favor, will you? Please post some taken in available light at high iso's. I can't wait, either, until you get yours. :D:D

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill,
Ya got me going to. My dealer told me 2 weeks for
delivery. I am ordering the CV finder in 5 minutes.
don

fordfanjpn

No, I think not. I share your enthusiasm, being in that same sweet situation many, many times. I do hope that DP2 will do much better justice to the promising Foveon sensor. I tried hard to make SD14 or DP1 one of my main cameras, but failed miserably.
Do let those anticipative emotions keep coming.
Kind regards,
Osman
Thanks for the kind words. I'm extremely happy with the DP1, so I have high hopes for the DP2. The 28mm lens on the DP1 is a tad wide for me, so I'm looking forward to a slight longer lens, and the wider aperture should be a bonus too.

Bill

E

ellemand

Hi Bill.
Sounds good with your DP2.
When you're testing I'm very interested in the speed of the mrk. II;-)
I knew the DP1 - so I'll be happy if you will tell us about the speed compared to DP1.

Thanks.
Ellemand