The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 iso 2400

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So I just love the quality of the images from this camera.....it never ceases to amaze me....these were at around 2400, handheld and made with a slight intentional blur for emotional effect.......I've spent many years with my trusty Black Lac M4 and a 35 Cron and this is what I was seeing with that setup....

don

RvN

Really nice shots!

Don,
How did you shoot them (iso) and how did you end up at 2400 iso?

Regards,
Roel

trisberg

Very nice shots. I wish that Sigma would just add 1600 and even 3200 to the available ISO options. I don't care that the colors are faded since I convert to B&W anyway.

Does your DP1 seem to overexpose? Mine seems to be off by 2/3 to 1 stop compared to other cameras/meters.

-Thomas

fordfanjpn

Very nice shots. I wish that Sigma would just add 1600 and even 3200 to the available ISO options. I don't care that the colors are faded since I convert to B&W anyway.

Does your DP1 seem to overexpose? Mine seems to be off by 2/3 to 1 stop compared to other cameras/meters.

-Thomas
The DP2 has a setting for ISO 1600. I run my DP1 at minus 0.7EV, but I tend to do that with all my cameras.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks allabody......I am really a low light creeper, always was. I arrived at 2400 by exposing at 800 - 1 1/3...I'm thinking that there is about right...if not, please advise...

These are hand held and I always work that way. If I need a tripod, I'll bring out the Deardorff.

Thomas, Light meters are never the same. I have many and not any 2 read the same exactly. The DP1 with that magical sensor records where other cameras drop off. I think that mine is about 1/3 off but I don't care cause it records beautifully....

Don

simonclivehughes

I run my DP1 at minus 0.7EV, but I tend to do that with all my cameras.
Bill
Bill,

I'm with you on this too. I know all about ETTR (Expose To The Right) but I've never been able to recover highlights the way that I can recover the shadows, especially with the DP1.

Don,

Nice images (as usual)... very film noir with the dark tones and slight blur.

Looking forward to the DP2!!

Cheers,