The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DLux4 Scene Mode 'Film Grain' - wow!!!!

S

sclamb

Had a chat with Ivor at a London dealer and he asked me for my DL4. He showed me what the film grain scene mode does and I really like it. It sets the camera to ISO 1600 and 3MP and produces pictures with a lovely grain.

This was taken when I got home. Nothing done except resizing and sharpen with WebPresenter Pro (please ignore the cluttered background, I just wanted the window light!):

I have never really taken the DL4 off A mode really and haven't used any scene modes. I might start using this one though. ISO 1600 gives some good shutter speed in low light too :)

Simon

Amin

Lovely portrait. I had the D-LUX 4 and didn't even realize there was such a mode!

helenhill

I DO AGREE..Lovely portrait
but its a bit of too much noise in the overall Complexion
can that be removed
otherwise I find it GORGEOUS

I'm trying to Decide between
this & the coming DP2
for my Pocket....

Best-h

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I don't think either will fit into your pocket unless you have really large pockets. There are a lot of hidden features in this camera that you wouldn't know about without actually reading the manual. That's very against my nature but I remember Jonoslack mentioning how important it was to read the manual before I bought my D-Lux 4. It was good advice.

helenhill

I don't think either will fit into your pocket unless you have really large pockets. There are a lot of hidden features in this camera that you wouldn't know about without actually reading the manual. That's very against my nature but I remember Jonoslack mentioning how important it was to read the manual before I bought my D-Lux 4. It was good advice.
Hi There HiredArm

I had the Dlux 3 over a yr ago (as well as GRD,GRD2,DP1 / a small sensor ADDICT so to speak:ROTFL::ROTFL )
k)
and that was pocketable for Me...:)
is the Dlux 4 so much bigger?
since I carry around my Neck an M2

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I think the D-Lux 3 and 4 are virtually the same size I believe. It's been a while since I've held a D-Lux 3. I use the Leica leather case for it. It fits on my belt loop nicely.