The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

At today's $399 price, I couldn't resist buying myself another DP-1...

Audii-Dudii

to replace the one I comprehensively destroyed last year, when I accidentally left it on the roof of my car and drove away (see below).

I reverted to using my Digilux 2 as my everyday camera and while I'm still quite pleased with it, there's something about the way the DP-1 renders images that appeals to me and I look forward to having one on hand again. Now, if I can just remember where I stashed the accessories I have for it and those spare batteries... :-(

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Great deal...huh?
Actually I couldn't resist either and I already have a working one......now I have a spare but who needs it.........

bbodine9

Happily I will also be joining the DP1 group as I took advantage of the price at Amazon. Hope you current users will not mind all the newbie questions as I come from the land of the Olympus E-1. I am anxious to compare results with the Oly Kodak sensor vs the Sigma Foveon. Thanks to all the forum member threads posted here which have helped me make this decision.

C

christopher e.

BTW, I picked one up too (@399.99). I just preferred the wider lens of DP1 to DP2. I'm no pro, and I have a fast card, so I think I will get along fine with DP1. I guess I just got used to the wide angle pictures of the DP1, because the DP2 pics just looked way too skinny, clipped. So I had to side with the DP1 and take advantage of the relatively cheap price.

-CE