The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still waiting

D

D upton-Hackett.

Have been informed that due to unexpected orders for LX3 Panasonic have run out and will have to await shipment from Japan.:cry::cry:
Maybe 4 weeks.

sinwen

This shows how much this very same camera but with 4/3 sensor would make a killing !!!
..... and we are waiting for it for a very long time now !!!

B

Beto

A vendor on Amazon has it in stock for $749 (!). Why would anybody bite when you can get a Leica D-Lux 4 (essentially the same camera) for $699?

I think I will wait until there is a good supply and the price comes down to around $400.

O

Oxide Blu

Seem this camera is popular, but more worry is this global economic situation might mean that manufacturers are scaling back, so stuff will be harder to get?
You are 100% spot on. It is more significant than most folks realize. Panasonic has shut down 22 factories globally, most in Asia (China), some in Europe.

iiiNelson

A vendor on Amazon has it in stock for $749 (!). Why would anybody bite when you can get a Leica D-Lux 4 (essentially the same camera) for $699?

I think I will wait until there is a good supply and the price comes down to around $400.
It was that way a couple of months ago and that's why I got the D-Lux 4. Everyone reputable that I checked who had the LX3 in stock were price gouging. Apparently there was a supplier issue with it then too along with the G1. I noticed that Black G1 have been creeping back up in price (to about $700 on average) at many online resellers after being available for $600 at many places.

bubuli

Have been informed that due to unexpected orders for LX3 Panasonic have run out and will have to await shipment from Japan.:cry::cry:
Maybe 4 weeks.
same with HiredArm, i part of the reason i the D-Lux 4 was because i didn't think the LX3's will be in stock anytime soon seeing that most retailers are out.

D

D upton-Hackett.

The D-Lux 4 is fab piece of kit at around £150 dearer than LX3, I'll hang on. That is a little to much difference for the sake of a name badge.

I found the D-Lux 4 available from Robert White in the UK with the optional Leica leather case included free for about $700. That makes the price difference between the two cameras much smaller (C1 , non pro version, sells for $129 and the Leica leather case for about $145). Not sure how any import tax would play into this. HTH

Paul

D

D upton-Hackett.

By the way HiredArm took a peek at your flickr photos Very nice, presume that's your D-lux 4

iiiNelson

By the way HiredArm took a peek at your flickr photos Very nice, presume that's your D-lux 4
Thank you. Those are actually pictures from my now sold Canon 300D SLR with the exception of the picture of me that I use for an avatar. That's from my cell phone. I have some D-Lux 4 "test shots" in my gallery from when I first got the camera.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Thank you. Those are actually pictures from my now sold Canon 300D SLR with the exception of the picture of me that I use for an avatar. That's from my cell phone. I have some D-Lux 4 "test shots" in my gallery from when I first got the camera.
Whoops :eek::eek:

B

Beto