The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD II out of warranty with dust issue

A

asiansgoweeee

Hey,

So my GRD II is now out of warranty and after getting the sensor cleaned due to previous dust issues (while in warranty), it is not experiencing the same issue. spots that appear on photos and become more apparent the more you stop down. My first course of action will be to find my proof of purchase and i would assume call up criscam (i'm in the US) and see what they can do for me for having a camera that has continuously had dust problems. If they are not able to help me, i would like to know what someone in my situation has done regarding the dust issue. Is there an action you can create in photoshop to help or do you just not bother with it, this issue is pretty upsetting when you consider the cost of the camera, so now i am shooting just film again. So any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bubuli

did a search on this and found this link.

basically, criscam is expensive for out-of-warranty repairs. i would inquire through KEH or Adorama.

good luck.

S

SimonL

I think you can create a template in Adobe Camera Raw with the dust spot removal in the settings [just like applying a contrast or exposure setting]

A

asiansgoweeee

thats a shame that it costs so much to remove dust, especially when i am very weary as to how long it will be till i get dust on the sensor again. maybe i'll just deal with it for the time being or just go back to my trusty xa2's. thanks for the replies though. and hey what's up :D