The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Texting While Waiting For the Red Line

Terry

What happened to her face, LOL. If she doesn't turn around the red line could end up leaving without her. The Ricohs do well with B&W

Rick Waldroup

Yes, a sudden gust of wind blew her hair everywhere and she did seem oblivious that the train was coming.:)

Thanks for the comments.

Terry

In my comment about Ricoh I didn't mean imply that you didn't do well with the shot, which you did.

Rick Waldroup

In my comment about Ricoh I didn't mean imply that you didn't do well with the shot, which you did.
Oh no, no problem. I was actually quite glad that the gust of wind blew her hair and covered her face. It made it even more apparent that she had no idea the train was coming because she was so wrapped up in her texting. At least, that was the idea behind the shot. Now, whether or not the shot works, is another question. ;)

N

nei1

Rick,I like the shot alot.Is this more or less a straight square crop from a full 28mm equiv image?What lens equivalent is it for the square format,is it the same?no ,it must be more like a 40mm,not sure.

Rick Waldroup

Yes, the image has been extensively cropped from the original 28mm shot. You are probably right in that it is closer to a 40mm angle of view. Most of the time, I do not crop the images too much that I shoot with the Ricoh. I just thought this particular image looked more intersting cropped this way.

Thanks for the comments.