The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma PhotoPro 3.3(Mac) available

otumay

Although I do not have a DP-2, and Sigma announces that it is merely for DP-2, this upgrade should bring relief to SD-14 and DP-1 users as well. I tried it today and think it runs faster and shows truer(sic?) colors even in the "As Shot" mode. I'm glad I didn't give up on Sigma.
Hope you like it,
Osman

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Tried it last night on some DP1 files.
Seems to work smooth...
I'll wait for the new camera before any real
time/testing.

Kofronj

Hi guys,

Be careful with the new versions of SPP---they have some difficulties in handling overexposed highlights. Sigma/Foveon is aware of the problem, and they're working on a fix.

Jim

fordfanjpn

There are several threads on DPR about the new version blowing highlights, however, they all seem to be using it with raw files from older cameras. The Sigma site does say that the new version is for the DP2 (and presumably the SD-15), so use it at your own risk. FWIW, I have not seen any problems with it with the DP2 files.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill,
A favor if you will.
Could you make an identical exposure with both cameras
and compare the files in the new software?
At your leisure of course. I hate the thought of having to use
2 different versions.
Don

fordfanjpn

Bill,
A favor if you will.
2 different versions.
Don
Don,

I could do that tonight with a couple of those shots that I posted the other day to show the difference in FOV. Since the main problem seems to be in highlights, either the shot of the boats or the shrine (or both) would probably work. Also, if you want to try it for yourself, I'd be happy to send you the raw files to play with.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Bill,
A favor if you will.
2 different versions.
Don
Don,

I used two of the shots I took the other day and processed them both in SPP3.2 and 3.3. Unfortunately I couldn't upload them here (something about exceeding my quota), so I put them in the gallery. But I have no idea how to link to the gallery from here, so I guess you'll have to go looking in the gallery to find them. The files names indicate which camera and which version of SPP was used for each shot. I hope this works. Once again, let me know if you want the raw files to play with.

Bill

Kofronj

The problem with the new batch of software is centered around the use of ISO 50 and 'overexposed' areas of photos. Foveon/Sigma are aware of it, have reproduced it in their labs, have collected RAW files from some of us, and are working on a fix...

Jim