The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Grd 2 Hawaiian Style

ShiroKuro

Some pictures taken On the west side of Oahu ....This is where the Gv-2 really shines ...shooting into the sun .... bright day at the beach the LCD screen is all but useless .. I love this view Finder you really have to use it often to learn how to compensate ... it actually becomes quite accurate .

Last edited:

ShiroKuro

he's not diving, he's bodyboarding. What I'll be doing at Zuma about 12 hours from now :p

LOL :) He is free falling ... This is a mean grinding shore break ... Have fun in Zuma .....expect to see some photos when you get back ..... Aloha

ShiroKuro

Thanks for posting your shots of Zuma ...... I checked the surf report ...... small but fun.
This week The North and West side should come up ...... 10' -15 ' .....good surf all week !!!! Hate taking my camera when I go surfing in fear of it getting stolen ..... the Ricoh is small enough so I should be able to hide it pretty good ; )

L

Lewis

dude these shots are truely awesome! I love beaches/surfing, combined with your excellnet skills you've portrayed them in a wonderful fashion. Encore!

Lili

Shirokuro,
all your shots are awesome.
I REALLY like the shot of the child in the sand.
Elegantly simple composition, striking shot!

ShiroKuro

Here are A few more ....: ) from over the past few days .......
Been really enjoying this camera ......

For the Black and White shots I used the Nik Color Effects pro in PS for the B&W conversion..... the color shot of the movie poster was done in LightRoom....

Last edited:
M

Mitch Alland

Good pictures, but the important thing here is whether the in tha GR Digital book that the woman is holding are the Moriyama Daido pictures the humdrum colour ones that he did for Ricoh with the GRD, or are they B&W?

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

ShiroKuro

Mitch they are the boring color ones ..... I was a bit surprised .

all the shots were taken with the 21mm ,Program AE ,ISO64 ...... I guess when you are a genius you can photograph anything in auto mode ........

Daido did some shooting here in Hawaii ...... I knew where some of the shots were taken so I went and photographed the same locations ... just to see .... any way his photographs were better lol .......
http://www.takaishiigallery.com/exhibition/2007/07_Hawaii/japanese.html

The first Photograph is of
Manana island .... this is one of them . Not to say my version was bad ...it just looked like a cool shot of Manana island ..... ; )