The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

i don't need no stinkin' holga!

gallery7

rockin' the dp1 on my trip up to Ottawa to get my visa sorted for Nigeria.

All shot "from the hip" as the youngsters say...

Last edited:
M

masudkarim

The FunkyCam is to my mind the 21st Century Holga. ... then its lens has almost infinite depth of field, so we don't need no stinkin rangefinder, now do we?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thought you sold your DP1....don't!
The images are wonderful.....I know it's the eyes but
the camera has an eye too.....
don

gallery7

Thought you sold your DP1....don't!
The images are wonderful.....I know it's the eyes but
the camera has an eye too.....
don
i was indeed going to sell it my friend. it is a serious pain in the a... (well you know) somedays BUT then i use it. i snap a few and well, i don't know. there's just something about it that makes me hang on. silent, compact and with a great external finder it functions about as well as i have found from a compact. (i have used the grd and a few others (g9 etc.) and once you get above iso 400 the images start to go south real quick.) the manual focus interface is down right brilliant! i have also discovered that the highlight clipping i had been concerned about seems to be an issue beyond the sensor. there always seems to be loads of detail in them when i do a little work.

i am heading off on an assignment that the dp1 will be a very integral part of (dodgy neck o the woods and BIG camera = problems, real fast). i will let you know if it's love after that:)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
hell! i might even take a stab at the dp2!
Yeah, the 2 together are, well money makers...

I could and will easily do event work with them...and for my personal work...it's almost against the law to feel so good....

Have a safe trip and post some images and words.....
Don

gallery7

Will do Don! I am overseas for two months but will try and post some photo's as internet access allows!
Thanx for the well wishing!
John