The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A couple from the street

fordfanjpn

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the thoughts... Definitely not a battery problem... it has happened with several full batteries. And the 8GB SanDisk SDHC card has been used before and I formatted it in the DP2 before I started using it. But I will try a different card... you never know.

Cheers,
Don
Don,

Really sorry to hear about the problem with camera locking up. Especially after all the trouble you went to to get it. If it does turn out to be a bad one, I hope you'll be able to replace it quickly. In the meantime, for lack of anything else to try, you could go into the setup menu and try the Reset. Good luck.

Bill

Don Ellis

Hi Jim,
And the 8GB SanDisk SDHC card has been used before and I formatted it in the DP2 before I started using it. But I will try a different card... you never know.
Cheers,
Don
Forgot to mention in response to your "fast card" suggestion that it's a SanDisk Extreme III.

Don

Don Ellis

Don,
Really sorry to hear about the problem with camera locking up. Especially after all the trouble you went to to get it. If it does turn out to be a bad one, I hope you'll be able to replace it quickly. In the meantime, for lack of anything else to try, you could go into the setup menu and try the Reset. Good luck.
Bill
Well, things happen and mechanical failure is not the first thing I look for. The camera just now locked up twice in half a dozen shots, so I took your suggestion to Reset, although the "Reset to factory defaults" was greyed out, so I could only reset the Camera Settings and Capture Settings.

Also reformatted the card -- an 8GB SanDisk Extreme III. If that doesn't help, I'll put in one of my SanDisk Ultra IIs before I start eyeing the camera itself.

Thanks for the advice.

Don

Don Ellis

Sounds like it needs to go back. Any chance of getting a replacement without a long wait?
Bill
Good news... I called Mr. Poon, who said he would be getting a shipment of DP2s next week and would replace it then.

Thanks for nudging me into making the call instead of fooling around with the camera for another few weeks.

Don

Kofronj

Don,

Glad you could get another one so quickly. I'm picking up one at the airport next week, but it comes attached to a fellow Sigma shooter... :)

Jim

fordfanjpn

Good news... I called Mr. Poon, who said he would be getting a shipment of DP2s next week and would replace it then.

Thanks for nudging me into making the call instead of fooling around with the camera for another few weeks.

Don
Don, glad to hear that you'll be able to get it replaced. I hope you have better luck with the new one.

Bill

Don Ellis

Re: B&W

Here's a B&W conversion using Silver Efex Pro.
Bill
I wish you wouldn't do this.

I checked out the software after seeing some other shots of yours and then checked out the price. Hmmm... I will have to give that some long thought, and these shots aren't making thrift any easier.

Lovely photo, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Don

fordfanjpn

I wish you wouldn't do this.

I checked out the software after seeing some other shots of yours and then checked out the price. Hmmm... I will have to give that some long thought, and these shots aren't making thrift any easier.

Lovely photo, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Don
Don, thanks for the comment. I'm happy to help, and sorry to tempt you. I guess you won't want to hear that before doing the B&W conversion with Silver Efex Pro, I used Color Efex 3.0 to get this pic. So you might as well buy the whole Nik software package. :D

Bill

D

ddk

Don, thanks for the comment. I'm happy to help, and sorry to tempt you. I guess you won't want to hear that before doing the B&W conversion with Silver Efex Pro, I used Color Efex 3.0 to get this pic. So you might as well buy the whole Nik software package. :D

Bill

I actually prefer the color version and must admit that as much as I like CE Pro I'm not a great fan of SE Pro, the BW conversions leave me cold, much prefer to convert in CS4.

fordfanjpn

I actually prefer the color version and must admit that as much as I like CE Pro I'm not a great fan of SE Pro, the BW conversions leave me cold, much prefer to convert in CS4.
Thanks David. I'm kind of torn between the color and B&W versions of this shot. SE works for me, but I understand it may not be for everyone. Have you ever tried using LightZone for B&W conversions?

Bill

Don Ellis

Bill
Decisions, decisions... the whole Nik software package or another DP2... hmmm. :rolleyes:

By the way, both the colour and the black-and-white look good to me... can't beat that. You can both to use for different purposes.

Don

fordfanjpn

Decisions, decisions... the whole Nik software package or another DP2... hmmm. :rolleyes:

By the way, both the colour and the black-and-white look good to me... can't beat that. You can both to use for different purposes.

Don
When you have a decision like that to make, there is only answer: get them both! :D

Bill