The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

is childhood what it used to be?

Rick Waldroup

I am usually not a fan of this type of photography, but in your hands, some of these shots are simply amazing, especially the last one you posted. This is really nice work. Hauntingly beautiful.

jonoslack

Hi Wayne
these are lovely - splendid.

as for the title, I'm afraid that the shorts and waistlines on your shots show that childhood may be as much fun as it used to be . .. but it's certainly been fuelled by a burger or two!

smokysun

ah, burgers, the bane of our existence. yes, a d-lux 2 modified by precision camera.

ed, you've pinpointed something important. i've been looking at a lot of ir on the web and in books. two things: you never quite know what you're getting - conditions can change the outcome radically, as well as post. secondly, you can't simply depend on the ir effect. like all photos they need contrast: man-made vs natural and so on. most of them work best as pure monochrome, often with some kind of toning.

as hamlet said so well, the manner must fit the subject. the artistic genius usually turns out to be an exceptional master of form.

thanks to all for the appreciation.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:
D

ddk

I really like this series Wayne, the images are fun and combination ir and your post work very well for them.