The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic TS-1 anyone tried this?

clay stewart

I've been looking at some of the write ups about this water proof camera and it sounds like it's better than the Olympus 8000 version. Does anyone have any first hand experience with it?
Thanks Clay

clay stewart

So, Terry, after owing it a few weeks, what's your opinion? The wide side looks good, which is probably what I would use most. By the way, does it start out at the wide end, when you power it up? Thanks Clay

Terry

I haven't used it under water yet.
Starts wide.
I expect to see a few "group" reviews coming out soon where all the new entrants are compared (oly, canon, panny, fuji)
I haven't printed anything yet but would expect from what I see on the screen for things to turn out nicely.
Movies seem to be really good but I've only looked at some clips. I don't know anything about editing movies.
I've basically used it on iA mode and let the camera make all decisions (sort of liberating) and have some serious keepers. The fog shot in my thread is one of my favorites from this year from all cameras.

clay stewart

Yeah, Terry, that fog shot is a definite keeper.

If someone made one of these with a larger sensor or one that shot raw, I bet it would sell like the LX3 does.

Thanks again Terry.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Just as an alternative, here are a couple from the little Pentax w60. There's a newer model of this camera now. In any case it performed pretty well and it was fun taking pictures in the pouring rain. Underwater it worked fine, but there are other challenges to shooting while floating around in an alien environment.

P

primus

Unfortunately neither the W80 will have the real (propper) IS.

I just sold my W60 and I owned all the Pentaxes W cameras (WP,W10,W20,W30,W60) and two Olypuses (SW720, Sw1030) in last five years.

FT1 is much, much better than any Pentax. And Olympuses do not even deserve to name them cameras.

Link to my (mostly) underwater photos recorded with my Pentaxes: http://public.fotki.com/Primoz/

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I stumbled on this while looking for the others above. Just thought it was kind of cool. SW60 on the macro setting with camera flash on auto.

Cheers!
Tim