The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some GR-D II street shots

C

Chuck A

I gotta say that I love the first one. Great use of light. There is a bit of mystery in the moment you captured there also. The hand placement, sunglasses and tilt of the head are great and the light isolates her perfectly. While the light and shadows are good in the others they are not as interesting to me. Hope you don't mind my thoughts and I hope that you like your GRDII? Seems like a great camera.

V

VladimirV

I like the first shot, very nice colors and she really stands out.

jonoslack

Hi Carsten
The first shot smacks you in the eye - execellent. But in the end, I suspect that the last one is the real winner.

all excellent anyway.

Lili

Cabo,
They are all great, however that last one is like a still from a Movie; dramatic, intense, and technically perfect :)

C

cabo

Thanks everybody for the kind words. After years of shooting with M Leicas I switched to Nikon DSLRs back in 2004. As these are quite big (a D300 with 17-55/2.8 zoom can be intimidating) I tried various digicams, including the GR-D. However, I never really warmed to any one of them; my main problem with the original GR-D was the unbelievably slow RAW write time.

Fortunately the GR-D II is different in the respect. The ability too quickly switch back and forth between auto and manual focus is also a great help. I really enjoye trying out the camera on the streets and will do more with it as soon as I have the time.

Carsten