The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trying to love the DP1

fordfanjpn

Bill,
Just kiddin'. I like the cases but they won't work with the Grip.....
That Ricoh hood is nice. I had it on the GX-200.....Do you have the mod plan for that...I lost it somewhere ....also is it the same for the 1 & 2...?
Thanks...Don
I just bought an extra extension tube, cut off everything but the bayonet part that attaches to the camera, and glued the Ricoh cap on to it. It wasn't that big a deal. And the same cap now works for both the 1 and the 2.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Alas, I forgot to cancel my preorder for the DP-2 at Amazon and have just received an email that it was shipped yesterday, several weeks earlier than expected. I will probably check it out just because, but I'm not optimistic...
The reds seem to be significantly improved in the DP2, so give it a try. I still like the DP1, but I haven't touched another camera since getting the DP2. I'm hooked.

Bill

Scott G

Well, I suppose I will answer my own question...

The DP1 is gone :thumbdown:

I have no issues with the IQ, color, post processing, not even the pathetic battery life or slow write times. It just doesn't fit, plain and simple. I have huge hands, and this isn't a camera I can walk around with comfortably for hours like I can with my M6, and even with the E3 (which fits me perfectly). Bummer.

Since I got it for free from a friend who didn't like it either (but for different reasons), I certainly got my money's worth! I gave it to another friend, hopefully it will find a happy home.

It's the gift that keeps on giving :confused:

Last edited:
D

ddk

I have no issues with the IQ, color, post processing, not even the pathetic battery life or slow write times. It just doesn't fit, plain and simple. I have huge hands, and this isn't a camera I can walk around with comfortably for hours like I can with my M6, and even with the E3 (which fits me perfectly). Bummer.

Since I got it for free from a friend who didn't like it either (but for different reasons), I certainly got my money's worth! I gave it to another friend, hopefully it will find a happy home.

Like Microsoft, there's always an update for something every time you turn on your computer.

fordfanjpn

Scott,

Sorry to hear that the DP1 didn't work out for you. But it's just a camera, and there are a lot of other choices out there, so the best thing is to find something that works for you and get on with the shooting. No one camera is right for everybody. I wish you the best of luck in finding the one that works for you. :)

Bill

MisiekBunnik

A way to handle it better is with the hood always attached, it has a better grip that way. I have the richard franiec grip for my canon G7, i might give that one a try?

Anyway, with the adapter and AML-1 close up, it delivers: (bigger on Flickr)

busch63

I can say, that sometimes the DP1 bring me back to the pure feeling of the moment when I made the shot.....like this one in Nymindegab, Denmark