The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Always smile

Don Ellis

I often take “blind” shots with the camera held casually at waist level with the LCD off. Do it often enough and you get an idea of what’s going to be in the frame, sort of. A benefit of this technique, besides stealth, is that everything’s a surprise when you open it up on-screen.

I was walking around at lunch today with the camera set to manual focus for close sidewalk shots. These three girls came around the corner and I pressed the shutter.

Opening it just now, I looked at the two girls in the centre of the frame before my eye started looking for something (anything) in focus.

I did smile, and while I took other, more technically perfect, shots, this one amused me the most.

Don

Sigma DP2, ISO100, 1/400 sec., f/2.8

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

I often take “blind” shots with the camera held casually at waist level with the LCD off. Do it often enough and you get an idea of what’s going to be in the frame, sort of. A benefit of this technique, besides stealth, is that everything’s a surprise when you open it up on-screen.

I was walking around at lunch today with the camera set to manual focus for close sidewalk shots. These three girls came around the corner and I pressed the shutter.

Opening it just now, I looked at the two girls in the centre of the frame before my eye started looking for something (anything) in focus.

I did smile, and while I took other, more technically perfect shots, this one amused me the most.

Don

Sigma DP2, ISO100, 1/400 sec., f/2.8
I like it! It made me smile too. What distance did you have the MF set for?

Bill

pollobarca

Nice pic, I have done similar with my GX100 or the C5050z hanging round my neck . Never got one as good as this though.
paul