The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Damn, I did it again!

fordfanjpn

Look what followed me home last night! I had been looking everywhere for one of these, but nobody had them in stock. Last night I stopped at a local camera store and they had this one used in pristine condition for about $350, so I grabbed it. It came in the box with all the original goodies and the warranty is still valid until sometime next year. And the firmware is the latest version. I haven't actually shot anything with it yet (kind of dark here at 4 AM), but I'll lug it around today and give it a test run. The reason I wanted it is because it has 4 things the DP2 doesn't have, an f/2 lens, moderate zoom, macro capability and OIS. I actually toyed with the idea of getting the Leica D-Lux 4, but at more than twice the price, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. But I did go for the Artisan&Artist case, so it kind of matches my DP2. OK, no more toys for the time being. ;)

Bill

D

D upton-Hackett.

Awe Bill
stop making me jealous Panasonic UK don't know when we will get our next delivery of LX3
into the UK.

Derek.

fordfanjpn

Awe Bill
stop making me jealous Panasonic UK don't know when we will get our next delivery of LX3
into the UK.

Derek.
Sorry Derek. None of the stores in Japan have stock either, so I was very happy to find this one used and in perfect condition. The stores I talked to said they expect new stock around the middle of June. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Bill

Don Ellis

Look what followed me home last night!
Bill
Congratulations! And what a coincidence... a friend at work just bought a 6-month-old LX3 last night and I spent the underground ride home helping him set it up.

It looks like a great camera... very slim, very chic, very black... and has a good-looking case, as well. The f/2.0 lens is great, and certainly a worthy trade-off for the longer zoom -- I haven't seen f/2.0 since my Canon G1/G2 days. So I've held your camera and I approve (knowing how important that is to you :ROTFL:)

Even better, now I don't feel bad about keeping my G9 as a flexible backup to the DP2.

I look forward to seeing some photos and reading your thoughts on the camera.

Don