The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 rural country

W

wbrandsma

I took the Sigma DP1 to the local rural country near my hometown Ede in the Netherlands. Beautiful weather, sun setting in, and wonderful long shadows.

I am still amazed by the image quality of this camera.

fordfanjpn

Very nice images. I especially like the second one. The Foveon sensor almost seems to be custom made for doing B&W. Thanks for posting.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nice, The 3rd one does it for me. The DP1 is awesome and
I still prefer it over the DP2.....Thanks for the reminder, gotta
use it later today.......

Lili

Excellent series Wouter, I like the fact you actually can get selective depth of field with a small camera!

W

wbrandsma

Thank you Bill, Don and Lili. Yes, a DP1 with 28mm and selective depth of field despite being restricted to f/4.

Here some more.

RvN

Hi Wouter,

I like your pics. Prefer #4. You guys in Ede must pay more 'road taxes' because we in the north of Holland have speed limits of 50 km (instead of 60):thumbup:

Also like the long shadows a lot.

Regards,
Roel

W

wbrandsma

Thank you Robert, Ed and Roel. Thankfully we can enjoy beautiful vistas while paying more 'road taxes' in Ede :ROTFL:

W

wbrandsma

Danish skies seems even better than Dutch skies. Beautiful photograph Burkhard.

woodyspedden

Thank you Bill, Don and Lili. Yes, a DP1 with 28mm and selective depth of field despite being restricted to f/4.

Here some more.

Look at it this way Wouter............you have the same fmax as almost all of the MF lenses and at remarkably lower cost!! LOL

Woody