The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This is really embarrassing!

arashm

Bill
very nice image (first post)
was this Raw? or Jpeg
and if Raw what did you process it with?
thank you so much
I was eyeing the FX 580 recently, but no Raw :(
This maybe the ticket :)
thanks
am

fordfanjpn

Bill
very nice image (first post)
was this Raw? or Jpeg
and if Raw what did you process it with?
thank you so much
I was eyeing the FX 580 recently, but no Raw :(
This maybe the ticket :)
thanks
am
Thanks. All 3 of those images were from the in-camera jpeg's. I have only played around a little with the raw files using Lightroom and Photoshop. I'll post something from a raw file later on. This is a really nice little camera, but admittedly it does get a bit noisy at higher ISO settings.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Here is a shot processed from raw in Photoshop. If you go to my Flickr page you can see this full size (actually reduced 50% before uploading to Flickr) along with a similar shot taken with the DP2 for comparison.

Bill

hilld

Thanks. All 3 of those images were from the in-camera jpeg's. I have only played around a little with the raw files using Lightroom and Photoshop. I'll post something from a raw file later on. This is a really nice little camera, but admittedly it does get a bit noisy at higher ISO settings.

Bill
"..it does get a bit noisy at higher ISO settings." ?????

Well, what are you waiting for? If you tell your wife that, she'll surely shoo you out the door, insisting that you don't dare come back until you've bought another camera that produces satisfactory noise levels at those settings.

Go for it!

fordfanjpn

Bill
thank you posting and the flicker page.
too many little camera's not enough cargo pockets :)
am
Thank you. A friend of mine keeps hinting that I need one of those photographer's vests with all the pockets in it. I've resisted so far, but maybe next year when I turn 60. There is a tradition in Japan of wearing a red vest when you turn 60, so I could just amend that slightly and make it a photographer's vest. The only downside is that my wife would probably refuse to be seen in public with me if I was wearing that vest. Oh wait, maybe that's not a downside! ;)

Bill

fordfanjpn

"..it does get a bit noisy at higher ISO settings." ?????

Well, what are you waiting for? If you tell your wife that, she'll surely shoo you out the door, insisting that you don't dare come back until you've bought another camera that produces satisfactory noise levels at those settings.

Go for it!
If I could convince my wife of that, I'd have a lot more cameras than I do now. Unfortunately, she's far less gullible than I like to think. On the other hand, cameras are a lot easier to sneak in the backdoor than guitars are! :)

Bill

O

Oxide Blu

Just looking at the specs for the FX-150 -- it auto brackets in full 1-stop steps?

That's quite a camera. :thumbup: