The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The edit, DP2 Problem

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So my buddy asked me to edit his May images.
I went thru around 550 and found the usual
The problem is this. He got the DP2 when I did,
He's been complaining about it since day 1.
He sold the outfit last weekend.
Anyway, out of the 20 keepers, 13 are DP2 images, 4 from the
M8 and 3 from the GRD11. I don't edit metadata.

He was shocked and now is ready to acquire
another DP2. Next month should prove to be
a more difficult edit.
Just sumptin' that happened over the weekend.
Shooter....:)

ShiroKuro

What constitutes keepers ? Out of the three cameras I would think the GRD is the most comfortable to use for its size and user interface .... The M8 never used one ..but shoot with an m6 and it is a joy to use ........ DP2 or DP1 though the image quality is stellar,
from what I have read it is so slow and painful to use .... What was it that your friend did not like that got him to get rid of the DP2 in the first place ?
A good friend of mine had the DP1 and would not even consider a DP2 after his experience with the DP1....He has been using my GRD2 for the past few months and loves it ...."If it only had the image quality of the DP1." ; ) Hear him say it all the time ... we now agree not to discuss this camera ... The DP1 really got under his skin ....I know he really wants a DP2 but thinks it will be a dog like the DP1 .... so I am curious
about what changed your friends mind ... Thanks

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
What constitutes keepers ?
Well, The image either works or it don't. If it works without explanation...it's a keeper...if it don't...well....

The lesson learned was that he really hadn't given the DP2 a real chance, or so he thought...to get that amount of keepers from a camera ya don't like...well..if ya get in love with it....the numbers should increase.....

What changed his mind was simply the fact that the camera did what it was supposed to do....free his mind and let him work ...and give the IQ required for the effort....

shooter