The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Sensor Macro

Can´t say I´ve used the macro much on my D-lux 3, but while walking the dog this morning, I was overtaken by this speed demon :D

No way I would have done this with my dSLR, crawling flat on the tarmac, but with the Dl3, it was a piece of cake (and, yes, I tried straightening the horizon, but this version is far more dynamic).

Will

Good to see someone else has a well worn pocket knife. I carrie one all the time but I'm beginning to worry that one of these days I'll get arrested for it.

That snail is great.

Moss
GRD2

Will

A very sad, cold, and wet hover fly appearing to be praying to the sunflower god to stop the rain :(

GRD2

Last edited:

pollobarca

One from my Olympus c5050z , small wild flower in a vase, in my front room.

Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 11.9 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

run the file through Rawtherapee only minor touches apart from WB.:angel:

b rgds

paul

pollobarca

Can´t say I´ve used the macro much on my D-lux 3, but while walking the dog this morning, I was overtaken by this speed demon :D

No way I would have done this with my dSLR, crawling flat on the tarmac, but with the Dl3, it was a piece of cake (and, yes, I tried straightening the horizon, but this version is far more dynamic).

Poor snail crawling up hill. Hope no cars about. The vignetting works well too.

paul

Thank you, Paul! Yes, the snail got away unharmed :)

Strange thing, I´m getting more and more underwhelmed by the D-lux 3 for most photography, and just as I´m planning to sell it, I discover this kind of special use for it.....:rolleyes:

P. S. That yellow flower in your image, is it some kind of hypericum? Great shot in any case (as is Will´s fly).

pollobarca

Thank you, Paul! Yes, the snail got away unharmed :)

Strange thing, I´m getting more and more underwhelmed by the D-lux 3 for most photography, and just as I´m planning to sell it, I discover this kind of special use for it.....:rolleyes:

P. S. That yellow flower in your image, is it some kind of hypericum? Great shot in any case (as is Will´s fly).
Per, no idea what the flower is, my daughter came home all gooey with a wild flower her boy friend had given her (who says diamonds are a girls best friend...This seems to have worked well too!) this is the photo record for her.

all the best

paul

pollobarca

Will, your photo of the rose hips is lovely.
In the woods in Framura found this
white heather(?)

Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.015 sec (1/68)
Aperture: f/2.5
Focal Length: 5.1 mm
Exposure Bias: -3/10 EV

and these , no idea what they are:-

Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.014 sec (1/73)
Aperture: f/2.5
Focal Length: 5.1 mm
Exposure Bias: -3/10 EV

b rgds

paul

jonoslack

Autumn Dew is here:
There are a few sweet peas left in the garden - this was early in the morning with the GX100

Will

Not that great a macro shot but I'd never seen a green spider like this before. The merged image with my fingers is just to show how small it was!

Another Halloween type image for you helen :)

mazor

Got to love the Green Spider!! Never seen one like that myself!

Here is some Nokia N93 macro shots I took the weekend past

MAzor