The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Camera Phone Shots

pollobarca

These devices ( not only a phone not only a camera, plays music etc etc) are
getting better all the time.
Apart from the device the sunset is very nicely captured. Never thought of pressing the lens against the windows. Suppose that would work for a "camera" too.

all the best

paul

P

photographygal

Wow, I'm impressed. I really like the first one.

-Photographygal

'Quit trying to find beautiful objects to photograph. Find the ordinary objects so you can transform it by photographing it.' - Morley Baer

Lili

Thanks, Paul. It worked best because the back of the phone is smooth and flat. I should hate to try pressing the extending lens barrel of a normal compact against a window, one would have to be careful of applying too much pressure!

PhotographyGal, thanks so much. I would not choose my cell over a more capable camera, but the phone has the virtue of always being with :)

pollobarca

Lili, I'd use the lens tube with the gx100 or the Oly c5050. I will try this though next time I take a pic through window glass. I do less now as I dont work next to a runway anymore! Before I was often trying to get a pic of aircraft loading or taking off. For security the windows didnt open.

all the best

paul

Lili

Paul that would work well with GRD were I still able to use it :(
My other two P&S are the Fuji F60 and F200, no tube/hoods for them and they've silver lens barrels so in this type of shot one would see a ghostly reflection of the camera. the MyTouch camera assy is flush, filter and all, with the back for the phone so it worked splendidly here. Plus its not bad as a camera either; just 0 adjustments in camera. So Post Processing may be required :)

Lili

Thanks Derek, I shoot every day with my phone, just don't post them all here.
There will be more soon tho ;)