The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Cat Thread

Don Ellis

Yesterday, with the DP2… RAW, ISO200, 1/50s, f/2.8.
Click on images for larger images, slightly sharpened…

All was calm until he heard some workmen talking outside the window. It looks like one of those perfectly timed shots, but he did his meerkat impression for about 30 seconds, before relaxing back into a doze…

Ok, Bill, let’s see Lucy.

Don

Don Ellis

Let's see your cats...

In case I wasn't explicit enough, Spooks needs some company... let's see your cats.

Don

Will

My cats are no more but I need little excuse to post pictures of them anyway. No apologies that some of these may have been posted in this forum already.

The late Widget.

And her son Herman, also now gone.

Don Ellis

Lovely photos, guys... the Orange Boys look big and healthy, and if you can't be charmed by Will's last photo, you have no charm in you at all. Sorry to hear they're all gone but glad you have some photos of them.

Thank you,
Don

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've never had a cat. But while on holiday in Fiji, I became ill and was bedridden for two days with a very high fever. This little cat, apparently unattached to anyone, came and slept by my cot the entire time. I managed to rouse myself just long enough to take this one shot.

DavidE

Dodie, who died last month at the ripe old age of 16 (not sure how that translates into cat years).

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

H

HansM

Hi Don Ellis,
Nice pictures that to me show true attentiveness - a very important quality for any photographer. What they also show is the quality of the DP2 - which pleases me very much, as I bought one two weeks ago after much deliberation. Only now I am still waiting for the viewfinder to really start working with it - I like to have the camera close to my face, and LCD-viewing doesn't satisfy me. I can't resist including a cat-picture of my own, taken two years ago in Sicily. Not with a small sensor camera (but neither is the DP2), but with a Pentax K100D and a simple kit lens. I apologise in advance for any downloading mistakes, as this is a first and I am in this respect an absolute beginner (as I hope to remain in many other fields...).
Cheers,
Hans Muus

Lili

Wonderful shot and Intro, Hans.
Herzlich Wilkommen!
I think ;)
Here is one of mine

Fuji S6000fd

H

HansM

Thank you, Lili! And I very much enjoy your quintessential cat. While there is not a trace of an eye to be seen, one knows (sees even) exactly how s/he is looking. Thank you also for your welcome - in Dutch it would be: 'hartelijk welkom', so your German comes pretty close. :D It is all my fault: I should have included the place (Utrecht) and the country (Holland) where I live. Will do so soon.
Cheers,
Hans

B

Bill Wilby

I would like you to meet Gus, he is one of our 4 + 1 cats. We have a stray with no name who is the +1. This is with my G1 and the new Panasonic 14-140 lens.

HiltonP

FELIX is my sister-in-law's cat.
He's famous as the "poster boy" for her range of wines.
He's pretty mellow about it, as all wine lovers should be . . .