The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Terry

Very cool +1. I think I like the first better because it feels very controlled and complex at the same time.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I think I like the first better because it feels very controlled and complex at the same time.

Was the last shot where I got kind of the trick. Was an xMas decorated house.

But like the colors of the second (illuminated canes).

Terry

Joe - these look great. I was just mentioning last week that the color around here seems so much more intense this year.

Nice images.

>HDR Pro - not a bad little app.

Tripod?
No - all hand-held except for the first one where I used a fence to steady the shot. The app does a great job of lining up the images. It takes some time though to take a photo - when you trigger it, it analyzes the light - you can see the exposure changing on the screen as it does this. Then it takes two exposures so you have to hold steady for several seconds for all of this to take place.

Of course it helps to have a tripod or something to steady your shot.

The app lets you edit once it has merged the exposures - it gives you sliders for brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and tint. It also lets you crop and has some built-in frames.

Btw - I got the name wrong - should be Pro HDR!

Cheers,

ustein

Contributing Editor
>work better than the native HDR in terms of lining up the images

Yes, the native is not good in aligning and also over-sharpens a lot.

Too bad the developers don't get access to the faster frame rate of the native app. Any idea how many shots are taken by the native app?

Using the TiltShift Generator

Last edited:

Godfrey

Asleep With Polar Bears

Asleep With Polar Bears - Castle Rock 2011
iPad 2, processed in Snapseed + Photogene

thanks for looking. comments appreciated.

>work better than the native HDR in terms of lining up the images

Yes, the native is not good in aligning and also over-sharpens a lot.

Too bad the developers don't get access to the faster frame rate of the native app. Any idea how many shots are taken by the native app?
Uwe - the native app takes three shots to combine for HDR.

ustein

Contributing Editor
There shots are brackets from the 4S (using the app "Bracket Mode") and then aligned and HDR on the Mac.

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
>This is fast becoming one of my favorite pp apps.

Very nice app but I would like to have it with presets and reproducible.

Terry

Lots of great work being shown!

I just went to the App Store for Bracket Mode and it said installed. LOL. I have too many Apps! Need to go back and reorganize my folders.

Godfrey

Uwe,

FilterStorm Pro does that. I use Snapseed most of the time, but one of my photo workshop friends now uses FilterStorm for everything. I know pro is on the iPad, not sure about the iPhone.