The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Godfrey

TMI ... !

Anyway, here's one from my recent train trip on the Starlight Coast Express ...

iPhone 4S running Hueless

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

raist3d

TMI ... !

Anyway, here's one from my recent train trip on the Starlight Coast Express ...

iPhone 4S running Hueless

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G
I like this shot. Good tones, lines, composition and feels "nostalgic."

- Raist

rayyan

Let me tell you a Story. Or is it a Legend. Or History. In any case, the following narrative, in various versions, is held dear, held sacred by millions..no billions across the globe.

It is a narrative of a desert. And of a mountain. And of a man, who climbed the mountain. Many thousands of years ago.

As in most such stories , it originate in the desert.., in my part of the world. Why? I do not know. But that is the way it was and is. Maybe for us to tell stories!

One starts very early in the evening or the night and travels through the arid desert, usually by a 4x4, for 3.5 hours. Then there is a trek across the rocky valleys and the base of the mountain for another 3-4 hours.

Some park themselves at the foot of this mountain, tired but no less enthusiastic. Others carry on..740 steps up the mountain. 740 steps, one way!
To reach the top of the mountain. To reach it before sunrise...

Where there is a mountain that is climbed, it is difficult for my wife to stay at home and not give it a shot..

The mountain and its approach is much more rugged than what the image below shows.

She went with a group of tourists and brought home some pictures. Taken on her iPhone. I shall post some of them.

rayyan

The Mountain is known by many names..Mt. Sinai, Her Sinai, Jabal Musa etc..

The Sinai Peninsula..bordered on a side by the sea and others by desert. Away and cutting across the desert runs a river.

The river Nile.

About 3000 years ago, this was the land of the Pharaohs. The Land of Egypt then, and now. This also was the land of a shepherd who stuttered. A mortal, who lived in the desert. Belonged to the
noblest of Tribes.

The man's name was Moses ( PBUH ). This is that land. Of historical significance, and more, much more importantly, of religious significance to billions across the world.

Mt. Sinai, has a special religious significance ( I shall omit mentioning this further on, but should always be borne in mind ) to those of the Abrahamic Faith.

This then my friends, is the land that Hollowood portrays with their version of the story and Mr. Charlton Heston.

But the image below is the real thing..The approach to Mt. Sinai. The land where once ( as believed by those of faith ), walked a Prophet of God.