The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HWY 183

gromitspapa

Nice shot. I like that the red van is the only other vehicle there, dead ahead, and the reflection strip in the hood. In addition to the overpass pattern, of course.

Lili

cjlacz, Thank you! Strictly speaking this is Irving rather than Dallas. But it IS Dallas county, having just crossed hwy 360 heading Eastbound.
Gromitspapa, thanks :)
Nostatic, The Van was going far slower than the rest of the traffic, I got behind her and matched her speed, knowing we were coming up on this interchange.
The rest of the traffic couldn't wait to speed off and thankfully the road got fairly empty for just a second as we got here.
Shirokuro, thanks so much for the compliments! It is mine as well ^_^

Last edited:

cjlacz

Yup, I used to live in Plano for about 7 years, just until a couple months ago. I didn't realize there was such a great community of photographers down there. You always find the cool stuff after you leave. :)

Lili

Yup, I used to live in Plano for about 7 years, just until a couple months ago. I didn't realize there was such a great community of photographers down there. You always find the cool stuff after you leave. :)
I understand completely :)

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'm having a panic attack just looking at it...I remember it well, I lived in Dallas from 1984 to 1989. Euless

mwalker

Subscriber Member
My memories of Dallas are great (my best friend still lives there) my memories of my commute are not as good, sometimes a hour or more on a good day (Euless to downtown):eek:

My commute now in Paducah Kentucky :D 10 min....

I was in Dallas last spring for the Leica seminar, workshop. It was in Arlington I think...things have really changed around the Grapevine area.

Lili

My memories of Dallas are great (my best friend still lives there) my memories of my commute are not as good, sometimes a hour or more on a good day (Euless to downtown):eek:

My commute now in Paducah Kentucky :D 10 min....

I was in Dallas last spring for the Leica seminar, workshop. It was in Arlington I think...things have really changed around the Grapevine area.
Ahhh, understood. The area you see in this picture. is just east of Hwy 360, just getting into Irving/Dallas County.
I do not think this area was as built up when you lied here. Sadly, the traffic, if anything, is far worse.
My folks live in west Fort Worth. Everytime I visit it is like a major shock over how much it changes.

scott kirkpatrick

I'm not in the Bay area right now, or I would respond with a shot on Hiway 101 northbound alongside San Jose, where three freeways cross overhead, each on its own level. There's something all-American about such a stack o'roads. On 101, you'd have to be up at 6 am on a Sunday morning to get such an empty vista. When was your photo taken?

scott

Lili

I'm not in the Bay area right now, or I would respond with a shot on Hiway 101 northbound alongside San Jose, where three freeways cross overhead, each on its own level. There's something all-American about such a stack o'roads. On 101, you'd have to be up at 6 am on a Sunday morning to get such an empty vista. When was your photo taken?

scott
Scott,
It was taken on Sunday afternoon, around 5pm CST. I just got lucky with the traffic ;)