The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Family time with the DP1

Rawfa

I recently went to Portugal to visit my family and I took the DP1 with me. Here are some of the photos I've taken.

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

I totally agree with Don, Rafa :thumbs: You made the DP1 work for you. It can be a rewarding camera indeed, even for family matters.

Taken with the DP1.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
You see the way all of the above images breathe.
Well, the DP1 does that very well....
theres a cadence in the eye travel that allows
the eye travel to breathe...I sold the DP2 because
it wouldn't allow that...it sees to tight...
I knew before I got it that the FOV would be an issue.
Anyway....youse are right on.....
and I still have the DP1.....
Don

RvN

You guys make the DP1 sing!
I really like the first and last shot.

Was thinking if a DP2 would have been the nicer camera but it makes me more certain to focus on my DP1 and take pictures instead.

I agree with the comment of Don that the photos breathe.
Great camera, great photo's.
Thanks for posting.

Roel

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
This may not be what people want to see from the DP1 but it's what I see ....
Hopefully it'll look like Tri-x in Rodinal at around 1200....

shooter

Rawfa

Many thanks for the comments, guys. I know this is old news but my only issue with the DP1 durring these holidays was the fact that it wasn't fast enough to capture all those spontaneous family moments. Anyway, I don't think of the DP1 as a real point and shoot...I think of it as a "Point, THINK, and shoot" :)

W

wbrandsma

The DP1 is absolutely no point and shoot. And Don, it is not about what the DP1 can do, but what you can do with the DP1 IMO.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wouter,
I love the shape of the umbrella on the upper left going against the shape on the middle right and then with the shape of her neck......
that movement brings ya right back to her eyes....

and...see the shapes on the material behind her....they work great with the shark fin shape on the left.....
gotta stop cause I'm getting to involved....

don

N

nei1

This may not be what people want to see from the DP1 but it's what I see ....
Hopefully it'll look like Tri-x in Rodinal at around 1200....

shooter
Great shot shooter,like the rug rapping her in cat,like a massive tail.:)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Great shot shooter,like the rug rapping her in cat,like a massive tail.:)
Thanks......
Funny thing, I have a strong family series going back over 35 years and whenever I exhibit....those family images sell more than anything else.....
it amazes me but also keeps me focused on what's really important....

don

woodyspedden

Great stuff Rafa

This is what this type of camera is all about. The ability to get very good quality images of important events without having to drag a system everywhere.

I never owned and DP1 or DP2 but have been impressed with what shooters like you have accomplished with it.

I have ordered a Olympus EP-1 and anxiously await it coming. I will be using it with the 17mm kit lens which should work out really good as I love the 35 effective FOV.

Congratulations

Woody