The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GR-D11 in the Lake District.

V

VladimirV

Beautiful images, very good exposure and natural colors. Any chance you could post a bigger size or 100% crop from one to see the detail captured?

O

omwoods

Top of Wasdale right, camping between Kirk fell and Great Gable? The last pic's I took up there were from a camera phone - does that count as small sensor cameras ;-)

Olly

Edit: forgot to say, great pic's from good timing - the best bit about wild camping, you're right up there for the views come sunrise/ set

L

LotC

Thanks, all.

Olly, I walked up Wasdale to Styhead, up Gable, down to Beck Head and up Kirk Fell. I camped overnight on Kirk Fell, not on the col. Fantastic sunset & sunrise. Unfortunately marred by another fatality on Broad Stand.

O

omwoods

a bit OT, but last time I went up Ska fell, from Great Langdale, we passed people in jeans and trainers - granted the weather was ok, but with that mindset I'm surprised there aren't more fatalities from hypothermia alone!