The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wedding with G9 & DP1

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So I got my rate today....that means good money for a change...anyway....client knows my work and wants me to just fit in and do my work as if was for me...well, it is anyway....much fun and nobody knew I was the paid shooter....
some images coming...all in color for a change....
don

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The interesting thing is that with the compact cameras, no one really takes you serious. I was at a Museum opening last week and did the entire event without any intrusions in my vision.....a few people knew me and I slipped away from conversations but all in all, it's nice to just have a casual appearance....

no DSLR, Leica....well...maybe forget the being without the Leica....I miss my M4 with a passion.......
don

O

Oxide Blu

Don - I'm liking it! And I like the idea. Glad the $$$ thing worked out for you, too. There is value in those images, regardless of what method or camera was used to create them. :thumbup:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Don - I'm liking it! And I like the idea. Glad the $$$ thing worked out for you, too. There is value in those images, regardless of what method or camera was used to create them. :thumbup:
Thanks....it's an interesting thing that I was always lucky to be able to just use my vision with events and PR work. I never had to go to a different mode like a Pro wedding shooter.....years ago I made boo koo money doing this stuff and did many exhibitions from the work.....

Thanks again....
don

smokysun

hi don,
what is see in your pictures is the gift of intimacy, and i'm sure that's what your clients value. not the posed, but the genuine, and especially private moments and family connections. i can see why you've been so successful.
best,
wayne

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks Wayne....sussessful...well that's a matter of opinion..I guess in a way it's true.
My ex is a wedding shooter that gets over 10 grand+ per wedding....I never got that....and actually never wanted it either...
I have been lucky because I am appreciated for what I see and not what I have to see...

well...that is sussessful isn't it....

don