The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Man's Second-Greatest Invention

Don Ellis

This is a rather unseemly topic, so let me be the first to mention it.

Some men think it’s all right to stand three feet away from a urinal – for reasons of hygiene, presumably – and hope for the best with their fire hoses. Unfortunately, water pressure can vary and they often leave puddles on the floor, like poorly trained puppies.

This has been a pet peeve (speaking of puppies) of mine since the age of five or so. But on a recent trip to Macau, I found the solution and would like to salute the engineer who came up with it.

You stand on metal studs in a depression cut out of the marble. You do whatever you need to do, including watering your loafers, if you must. Then, when you step away from the fixture, you break an electronic circuit that not only releases water to rinse the wall fixture, but opens small, hidden floodgates behind where your heels were to sluice the floor area with fresh water.

I am deeply impressed... and thanks to the DP2, now you can be, too. :p

Last edited:

pollobarca

Nice ones, second pic is good enopugh for the manufacturers Brochure. Typical tecnological overkill though. The Dutch idea of putting a printed fly
is also very effective. Seems we men like to aim at flies. The dutch idea is a bit cheaper I think.:)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
What was the first greatest invention?
The wall? :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
-bob

smokysun

while we're on the subject, have all the pissoirs in paris disappeared? i last ran across one walking back from the museum marmotton in 1992. don't miss the smell, but they were photogenic, especially in the nighttime shots of brassai.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp