The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D-Lux 4 - a few from Amsterdam

A

Arie Intveld

Hello .. I've been lurking here a while and figured it's high time that I decloak. I bought the D-Lux 4 just before a recent trip to Amsterdam and used the little wonder in unison with my M8. It really is a serious photographic tool! Here are a few D-Lux 4 images from my Amsterdam visit (first attempt to post images so please bear with me ...).

W

wbrandsma

Welcome Arie to GetDPI. Always good to see a Dutch expat here :thumbs: I in particular like the last photograph with the Sparta bike. I hope you had a good time in Amsterdam.

A

Arie Intveld

Welcome Arie to GetDPI. Always good to see a Dutch expat here :thumbs: I in particular like the last photograph with the Sparta bike. I hope you had a good time in Amsterdam.
Grooten, Wouter .. and thank you for the warm welcome! Two weeks in Amsterdam, wandering the Canal Belt daily, yielded about 6000 images between my girlfriend and I. Absolutely, we had a very good time!

Thanks you for the comment on the Sparta bike shot. Incidentally, how I came to find Get DPI was through your images on Flickr .. you do some superb work with your Ricoh!

W

wbrandsma

Dank je wel Arie for your comment.

And to be honest, you spent more time and took more images from Amsterdam than I did in my humble 35 years. I need to make things up.

A

Arie Intveld

Dank je wel Arie for your comment.

And to be honest, you spent more time and took more images from Amsterdam than I did in my humble 35 years. I need to make things up.
Always a pleasure to look at your images, Wouter. :thumbs:

Well, I can make the same claim about lacking images of Calgary, the city I've called home for over 40 years. I think we each owe it to ourselves to be tourists in our own local environs for at least a day .. it makes for a great photo assignment.

A

Arie Intveld

Thank you, viablex1.

Glad to hear this appeals to you. My girlfriend saw this image and wondered why I hadn't brought to this shoe shop! Oops ..