The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whats your "Go To" Camera? In any sensor size that is...

Godfrey

... adding to my previous comment ...
I have three bags always set up and ready to be "grabbed and gone":

- Olympus E-1 plus spare battery, usually with either 14-50/2.8-3.5 on the camera.

- Panasonic L1 plus spare battery, usually with 25/1.4 and 50/2 Macro

- Panasonic G1 plus spare battery, usually with 20/1.7 or 40/1.8 in the bag (one or the other on the camera).

If I don't want to carry a bag, lately the Minox C or EC is in my pocket.

Lili

Harris, very very well done!
Lately i recalled where I was a couple of years ago shooting exclusively with the GRD; one lens, one camera. I sometime miss the 'purity' of those time; making an image work around those limits.
My GRD is currently of questionable reliability sadly.
But I still plan a new month long experiment.
July will be Prime Lens Time for me.
1- GRD with the 28mm-e
2- m4/3 Oly E-PL1 with 17mm/35mm-e Pancake
That is all.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
If I need to use on of my growing collection of legacy lenses I will go to the Pen E-P2 or the Pana G1

But I always carry a compact and the GRD ll has been my favorite, followed by the Canon S-90

But I hope things will change when I receive my GRX P10 today

Keith

wjlapier

My daughter has been playing alot of softball in tournaments lately. So, my "go to" camera has been the Pana ZS7. Huge zoom range. Excellent image quality. HD video that allows zooming during videotaping, and stays locked on the subject--my kid of course.

Lisa

Nikon D300 DSLR plus an IR-converted D200.

I have a Fujifilm f200 (previously an f30) for the "purse camera", and am now trying to get accustomed to a Panny GH-1 (for the lighter weight & smaller size compared with the Nikons), but I find that I'm usually disappointed with something or other about most photos I take with those. Maybe I just haven't practiced enough with them yet in the various modes to work around their weak points, but I just have trouble getting shots that have good contrast, no blown-out white areas, no overly dark large areas, no blur, low noise, decent color, etc. etc., all simultaneously. The D300/D200 just do it right almost all the time without fussing around. Or maybe I just have more practice with the Nikons; I don't know. In any case, in situations where I care about the results, I just stick with my Nikons.

Lisa

Lili

Lisa, the Pannys do take some practice, all cameras do.
If you check out the 4/3 forums on this site there are sure to be suggestions on best practice with the this camera.
The F200EXR is tough act to follow, really. My only complaint with it (and the F70) is the zoom switch, jerky. My former Samsung L85 moved seamless and smooth, not like Flea on crack.
I analyzed my F200 and F70 shots; virtually all shots are made at the wide or extreme tele ends.
The glitchy switches are one reason :(
Yet another reason the S6000fd with its glorious manual zoom is still my 'goto' camera; all in one and very very good IQ, esp at base ISO.
Wish Fuji had simply dropped the EXR sensor into that camera!
BTW my previously announced decision to use just the GRD and E-PL1 is changed.
Using just the Olympus as the GRD is freezing again and the Battery Demon is back.
*headdesk*
Oh well, that does adhere better to the one camera one lens ethos ;)

jonoslack

My daughter has been playing alot of softball in tournaments lately. So, my "go to" camera has been the Pana ZS7. Huge zoom range. Excellent image quality. HD video that allows zooming during videotaping, and stays locked on the subject--my kid of course.
Hi There
I've been playing around with the leica equivalent - it really is much better than it ought to be with that teenytiny sensor - just as an experiment I printed some 17" shots with the macro, they were absolutely fine. High ISO is a nono (of course), but everything else about the camera is rather lovable.

jonoslack

Yet another reason the S6000fd with its glorious manual zoom is still my 'goto' camera; all in one and very very good IQ, esp at base ISO.
Yeah Yeah - I think it's really sad that the world seems to have abandoned that kind of sensor size - I've not used the camera, but it seems to me to be the logical extension of the Olympus E10 (what a nice camera that was).

B

boyzo

I would take my G1 with 14-45Kit lens for the great EVF and easy setability
with optional zoom, or the E-p2 with 14-42 for ultimate compactness and relative uobtrusiveness.
No desire to look like a 5D boy Pro :ROTFL:

Lili

Took my Oly E-PL1 with me to work.
Lovely fairly compact camera.
Sigh
Still, a bit much with all the other things I take with.
Little EXR's have me spoiled ;)
Ok more pics, less gear!

pollobarca

Well I have little choice, my Ricoh GX100 is always with me.Other than this I have my Oly C5050z.Depending on my mood I will take out the Oly some days.

all the best

paul

T

taphapy

I'm in love with my gf1 and 45mm panleica macro lens. Beautiful shots with that lens.
For walkaround I use the canon sd3500. I got it because it is pink and has on-screen settings, I know, but it does take good pictures, just no bokeh!

P

Pascal

One camera that does it all for me - ultimate go-to tool is the D700+24-70mm f2.8 AF-S.

For small sensor camera's, without a doubt, the GH1

For compact P&S - DP-2s fits the bill nicely.

Maggie O

It used to be this:

Lately though, it's been this:

Crazy, innit?

Oh, and I've been using the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone ALL THE TIME! I love it.

kevinparis

oh it has to be e-p1 for me... with the 17mm

second choice is oly 510 with 12-60

love the canon 5d Mk2... but really it has to be earning its keep to make me grab it

K

Lili

Lately, my goto Camera has changed a bit.
I adore my E-PL1 but am still getting used to carrying it (anyone know of an everyready type case for it?).
I love the speed and IQ.
But mostly I am using the F70EXR, tiny light, quiet and has much the same zoom range as my S6000fd.
It has become the Pocket version of that Fuji.
Oh and i love the camera on my HTC HD2 phone too :)
Need a hiptser plug in for that :LOL:

otumay

Impressive. GX100 does a much better job than GRDII when it comes to shooting in color I think.