The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Abandoned Circus

Lili

We drove up to shoot this cool looking tent. Many angry people were just outside. Evidently a Russian Circus had just decamped early this morning leaving this eerie place behind and many disgruntled ticket holders. I didn't take their pictures as it was looking like a small riot might soon ensue

Even this Pigeon was escaping. The tent, compressors and generators were left lying about. Bozo's version of Mary Celeste.

Roy returning from investigation. About this time disgruntled would-be audience and now-unemployed security were massing.
We chose, wisely I think, to leave.
S6000fd in Silkypix

les

The background story adds intrigue to these shots. Nothing like a good mystery - why would they up sticks and leave all that gear? Almost like an episode from the Rockford Files.

R

Ranger 9

Pretty expensive setup... they must have had a REALLY good reason for leaving in a hurry!

pollobarca

Sounds like the tax man was coming, bet the equipment is all leased anyway.
Some nice pictures again Lili, perhaps if you go back there'll be burnt out ruins:ROTFL: Was it difficult getting the xposure right with all that white?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice, I like the way you set the stage with the first photo and then zoomed in for the next two. Your story really adds to the drama.

Lili

Thanks Pollobarca!
Tax issues might explain the departure.
The scene was not that hard to capture, the Super HR CCD the Fuji uses has very good DR (even at the this earlier generation) and the camera has an on-demand live histogram which really helps.