The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Photo Pro 3.5.2 for Windows and 3.3 for Mac

Don Ellis

http://www.sigma-dp.com/DP2/photopro.html

Ver.3.5.2.0
* Improved processing performance in highlight areas of RAW images.
* Exposure Warning is displayed to each RGB channels of the histogram.
* Addition of “ProPhoto RGB” to the Color Space in “Save Image As.”

Haven't tested it... just reporting the news.

Don

Don Ellis

Uninstall old version first!

I never read directions... but I saw this note after installing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5" installed on your computer, uninstall it by using "Add or Remove Programs" on a computer. It is not possible to install "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5.2" properly if "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5" is already installed.

Version 3.5.2 will install over the old version (I know), but I guess you're not supposed to. So uninstall first.

Cheers,
Don

Tim

Thanks guys, this is the fix I've needed, :clap:

* Improved processing performance in highlight areas of RAW images

Seen this one already

fordfanjpn

Re: Uninstall old version first!

I never read directions... but I saw this note after installing:

If you have "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5" installed on your computer, uninstall it by using "Add or Remove Programs" on a computer. It is not possible to install "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5.2" properly if "SIGMA Photo Pro 3.5" is already installed.

Version 3.5.2 will install over the old version (I know), but I guess you're not supposed to. So uninstall first.

Cheers,
Don
Thanks for the tip. I have a Mac, but I read the instructions just to be safe. Apparently it was a good thing that I did. I still haven't tried the new software yet though.

Bill

Will

Installed 3.3 just now and it seems to be working fine. Can't say I notice much difference though. Still sloooow and I still have real trouble with washed out yellows in bright sunlight. Was hoping it might recover the yellows better :(

Will

I've just used it on my DP1 files. May explain why I see no difference from the previous version I suppose.

otumay

I may be an incurable optimist, but I think the new version of PhotoPro has done a lot for my DP1 and SD14 files. I had borrowed a DP1 from a friend who instantly shelved it for being difficult to use and taken some shots a few months ago. I tried them again with version 3.3 (Mac) and found out that the new version is a bit faster, a bit more reliable and better at automatic white balance and highlight recovery. These images were very minimally corrected by PS after PhotoPro conversion. I really believe there is still undiscovered potential in the Foveon sensor.
The first three are DP1 files, the last showing my reluctant son who is fed up with posing for me, was taken with SD14.
Best regards,
(Click for larger size)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
To quote that link: "Who can download & UPDATE? Customers who use SIGMA DP2 camera."
Don
See Don, that's the problem....it's like we DP1 users or anyone other than the DP2 are not ALLOWED to download......it's just that authority rebellious nature I have......

I have had good luck with ACR etc but the people over at DPR insist that I'm doing it wrong because I don't use SPP....
I kinda trust the members here more than there because it's not clicky here...
so I'm wondering if it's worth me dumping the old software and then loading the new....

Last edited:

Don Ellis

See Don, that's the problem....it's like we DP1 users or anyone other than the DP2 are not ALLOWED to download......it's just that authority rebellious nature I have......
I fully understand... go for it. I doubt if an arrest warrant will be issued. :p

I have had good luck with ACR etc but the people over at DPR insist that I'm doing it wrong because I don't use SPP....
I kinda trust the members here more than there because it's not clicky here...
so I'm wondering if it's worth me dumping the old software and then loading the new....
Best of both worlds... you have the old software installer, so download the new. Then, before you install the new one, pick five images that are wildly different and convert them in your old software, noting the settings (or use Auto, I suppose, but your own settings will likely be more satisfying).

Then uninstall the old SSP and install the new one and use the same settings for the same five photos. If you like them, great. If not, just uninstall the new software and reinstall the old... it's a pretty quick process.

Remember to uninstall SSP before installing another version, new or old.

Let us know how you get on.

Don