The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon compact with DX sensor (rumor)

Rawfa

This was at nikon rumors:

"Q3/2010:

Nikon Coolpix P1DX with DX 12.3 MP stabilised sensor, 28-85/3.5-5.6 zoom (comparable to FX, actually 18-56), 2.9 inch 920k-display, movable upwards for macro. "

It's just a matter of time until the big league brands start making REALLY pro compacts. I think that with the E-P1 out this might start happening sooner than later.

Can you imagine if Sigma managed to throw in a micro four thirds lens mount for the DP series?! Imagine that sweet foveon sensor with a leica or zeiss :)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nikon doesn't excite me at all.....
I think Sigma is on the right track....The DP cameras are great....once one gets past the reading and gets to the using part....
The point is to find what works and work....I stated before that I would let the EP-1 go and now I'm already figuring out hot to get it with the 17 and the finder....why, cause it's like a 35mm on my M4....

so, we can speculate all the good things coming down the road but we should not loose interest or sight on making images......
don