The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

moon man

O

Oxide Blu

Moon man has too much free time on his hands. :) I like the creative stuff you venture into with your little cameras -- really like that dark self portrait.

Hey Wayne, if I dress up in a bear costume and come crawling up the ladder of your lookout station, growling, will you take my picture? :D

smokysun

ah, you'll have to compete with the real thing. a few years ago workers were repairing the catwalk (25 ft up) and left a ladder to it overnight. in the wee hours i looked up. a bear stared at me through the window. i grabbed my minolta (film, remember the days?) and flashed a couple pics. scared the hell out of him. he fell through the hole in the deck. shucks, i didn't get a good picture. a few minutes later he pawed at the glass again. i never knew bears could climb ladders except in the circus. he rubbed along the windows, trying to get in. awfully big teeth, you have! flash, flash! scared him again. down he went, this time not to return.

unfortunately, the photos didn't come out well, so if you do visit, we'll do a replay and get some good ones under controlled conditions.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

O

Oxide Blu

Sounds good! I do a good bear falling -- a 25ft drop should be enough. :ROTFL: