The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 707 / 717 for IR

pellicle

Hi

I wonder if anyone has used these cameras for IR work?

Just wondering if you've found it good or bad. I've been entending to hack a Nikon 990 for this, but wonder it the 717 with 5 megapixels will be better?

thanks

smokysun

i've had one up here for a couple of weeks, but haven't tested it. got a filter to increase the ir. i'll post results when i get to it. i would definitely recommend the 717 over the nikon. it's one great, classic camera. for example, it's the only one i've found with a custom white balance button on the outside. simply point the camera at something white in the scene, push the button, and you automatically have your custom white balance. can't imagine why no one else has ever picked this up.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp