The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Exchange Square

Don Ellis

I had to wander into Central District at lunch today to pick up a bushing for my smallest tripod, and I thought I would take a few minutes and walk over to Exchange Square -- it really is one of my favourite buildings in Hong Kong and I haven't taken any photos with the DP2.

So... first DP2 shots of this building (although there might be something to be said for the width of the DP1 under the circumstances).

Click on images for full-size images -- and notice that I've arranged them in descending order of interest for your convenience. :p

You realize, of course, that you really should come and visit and take these shots yourself. :)

Don

Last edited:

Don Ellis

That sounds like an invitation to me!! :)
Bill
You can consider it a personal invitation... we have three bedrooms, two of which we've converted to offices and one of which we use, so you're not getting any of those, but you'll love our living room and we have a beautiful mattress that we'll lay on the floor. We sold our tatamis and futons a few years ago, so it won't be exactly like home, but still nice.

Funny story: a French colleague stopped by our home one evening to pick something up. It was his first time over and he walked into the candlelit living room without paying much attention to anything beyond the papers he was collecting when he suddenly looked up and said, "My god, you live in a temple."

We're vegetarian at home, by the way, but you'd hardly know it by the tasty things Leela whips up. For a girl who doesn't like cooking, she's quite adept. Let us know when to expect you.

Don

pollobarca

Don,
post some picks of the dishes perhaps? Seems enough people photograph their food so that on many cameras food is under a scene mode....
Its certainly very common on Flickr and I admit to being a steak photographer!

BTW the skyscrapers are great ,
all the best

paul

Don Ellis

OMG, at first I read "maitresse".....:eek:[/img]
We try for the most accommodating accommodations, Per... but when we showed the ladies your photo, well, Je suis désolé vraiment, monsieur. :)

Anyway, the images are stunning!
That's very kind... you're still invited. BYOB, naturellement (bag, bottle, babe, but no Borzois... we have enough dogs in the neighbourhood).

Don

Don Ellis

Don,
post some picks of the dishes perhaps? Seems enough people photograph their food so that on many cameras food is under a scene mode....
Its certainly very common on Flickr and I admit to being a steak photographer!
A lovely idea... I'll give that some thought. Dosa for breakfast this weekend... perhaps I could start there.

BTW the skyscrapers are great ,
all the best
Thank you... I'm lucky someone went to the trouble.

Don