The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First try

D

D upton-Hackett.

RX200 just 3 photos for your welcomed comments good or bad it's part of my learning curve.
slightly edited in Elements 6 (Lightroom to expensive).

Last edited:

Terry

I like the color version better. She seems more "optimistic" with the blue clothing than the B&W. On the arcade shot you may be able to lighten the blacks just a little bit although my work monitor is not great so it may be just fine. In lightroom it would be adding a little bit of fill light (give a little boost the shadows). Not sure what it would be called in Elements. Enjoy the new camera!

O

Oxide Blu

Humm, interesting -- I like the b&w version better. She seems more "alive" that a lump of humanity in blue clothing in the color version.

I agree with the comments about lightening the blacks in the mall photo. I like it, great shot. The aspect (tilted floor) would bug me to no end except that it is balanced by a complimenting aspect from the skylight above. (The floor goes lower left to center -- the ceiling goes upper left to center.) If you cover the skylight and look at just the floor it looks tilted to the right by itself.

Oh, and very nice "first try" with your new camera. :thumbup:

D

D upton-Hackett.

Thank you to Lili, Oxide Blu and TEBnewyork will try your tips and see what happens.

Derek.