The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji S200EXR

Rawfa

Dang, that's expensive. Here it costs like 270€.
But I have been wondering why haven't we seen more of this camera around.

Lili

Its not out yet, Just annmopunced as few days ago.
Oddly, I am tempted. If they've fixed the CA issues with that lens from the S100fs, and put the F200exr's superb sensor behind it, even with the crop factor it makes a dynamite all-in-one kit!
Perhaps a worthy successor to my S6000fd?

Lili

Yes Rawfa, the F70exr uses the same type of sensor but a bit smaller.
It cam zoom while doing video.
I was inclined to pooh pooh it for the size of the sensor then I recalled how very well my old S5200 did with a much smaller and older Super HR CCD.
I think this could provide the TZ5/VS3 from Panny with some real competition.

Rawfa

I don't what the price on the F70exr is going to be but I'm thinking it will be cheaper than the S200exr. The problem with the TZ7 for me is the lack of manual controls, so yes, I think this might be a great alternative if Fuji playes their cards right. Oh, one thing that Pana has on it's favor is the fact that it shoots HD, unlike the Fuji.

Martin S

I hope that they release it a little earlier so I can take it on a planned trip.

Any later news on delivery dates??

Martin

Michael S

Yes. The F70EXR tempts me as well.

I've tried the Panasonic ZS1 (which I believe is called TZ6 in other markets), and other than setting iso and +/- exposure comp, it lacks control. For me, that alone is not a 'deal killer', but more importantly, the ZS1 has a disturbing amount of shutter lag even in bright light.