The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two Mistakes and Four Images

Lili

It started when I thought I had taken the little F60fd (my Fuji Experiement continues still) with me today but the little Lowepro bag it resides in identical to the one my GRD lives in, so I played the hand I was dealt.
I stepped out of the office to this

I went to the end of the walk to this

Then I realized my second error, these shoes are not made for walkin!

So after a brief stroll I sat and shot this

GRD and Silkypix

pollobarca

Lili,
I like the 2nd, 3rd one is interesting too.
On the second I like the writing on the kerb and the way the red snakes through the picture.
all the best

paul

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili,
Are writing instructions on kerb's common where you live?
And if i may reiterate Nice legs,"Blush"

Derek.

Lili

Paul, thank you :)
Derek, one generally does not see the red curb thing, save in Frisco.
I don't know if it is a City or Business Park thing. And thank you :)

O

Oxide Blu

Maybe it works like it does in California -- legal to park at red curbs if a licensed driver remains in the vehicle, does not need to be in the driver's seat. Same for parking at fire hydrants. I think the idea is that someone can move the car if necessary. But, not legal to park at a red curb if it is a fire lane no matter who is in the car. I think it is ok to stop at a fire lane. So if red curbs are intended to mark a fire lane they must say so on them. Fire lanes can also be unpainted and marked by signage, and again, not legal to park there.

'Parking' - happens when you turn the engine off. 'Stopping' - happens when the vehicles stops, but the engine is left running ... or something like that. There is a legal definition for each and laws for when you can do which one, when and where. Most of us don't know what they are so we just stay the hell away from anything painted red. :)

Lili

It was glorious day here, very low 80s if that warm.
Perfect for a walk, esp if one wears walkin boots

Lovely walk, but the wildflowers had been mown down again :(
But the landscapers left some lovely ones in the gardens

The Drive home tonight was very nice, open window weather as opposed to hermetically sealed AC...

S6000fd, converted from RAW

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili,
you couldn't miss those bright glowing "T" signs. where you driving?
Lovely atmospheric shot.

Derek.

Lili

Robert, thanks!
North Dallas Tollway in this case. Oddly the other major toll road is called the George W Bush Turnpike.
No Idea why the difference :bugeyes: