The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manfrotto Modo

pollobarca

Finally found a decent tripod at a low price. Manfrotto Modo is for the small
compact cameras and works a treat.Well made, stable , light and fairly high
too. Persuaded my wife I preferred it to anything else so got it for my birthday.

Here are a few pix I've managed to do so far. I seem to see more detail and
a lot less blur when zooming in on the details. The pix are sharper. Even compared to my old Hama tripod which is far too shoddy for decent macros.
Olympus c5050z

Olympus c5050z

Ricoh GX100

Ricoh GX100

This last one is with the tripod legs spread out like a contortionist.
Early morning sunlight through the curtains.

Whole set of first tries here:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157621963590118/

The tripod here in Italy cost 60 euro at Saturn. I reckon its a bargain with a 5 year guarantee too.

BTW the Oly really holds its own against the GX100
Do I need a new camera? No just a lot more practice and criticism from you good folk.

all the best

paul

ps used RawTherapee latest download 2.4

Last edited:

pollobarca

Thanks Derek. Get in close. My wife complains that I get too close (with the pictures) and she prefers them further out.
I find that I have to crop a fair bit with the GX100 whereas the Oly I crop a lot less. Try cropping your pix more and next time you will perhaps compose that size and crop less.
Heres one my wife likes

pollobarca

Thanks Will,
The Oly takes some beating. I get more successful shots from the Oly than I do from the Ricoh. I think I should set the Ricoh to default on 35mm focal length and see what happens. Use the wide angle of the Ricoh and not be used by it. Theory wise the Ricoh should be better, better lens and more pixels , IS, easier controls etc. but the Oly wins through .

b rgds

paul