The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sunset and smoke

otumay

Wayne, these shots are awesome. They encourage me to use my DP-1 more often.
Thanks for sharing,
Osman

smokysun

thanks, osman,
i've been browsing your galleries. wonderful views of a great subject. i'd like to see you tackle some of those old wooden homes and stores with the dp1 where detail and subtle color matter.
also, playing with postprocessing very satisfying. i did a bit of it last nite.

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

otumay

Wayne,

I need all the encouragement in the world, because I'm just coming to grips with DP-1. I was so sure of myself with my M8 and DSLRs. Looking at your last shots, I feel I have a very long way to go with this camera if I'm going to get some decent shots out of it. Next week I shall be on my traditional vacation in Bozcaada, a small island in the North Aegean and I'm taking DP-1 with my M8.

I'll remember your advice.

Kind regards,

Osman

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Osman,

The way to get used to the DP1 is to just learn it at a relaxed pace. Try to get the camera set up so that it works the way you like....
Very easy to do...and remember...

Unlike any other camera...even an image your not crazy about...will still have remarkable IQ.....

So the ones you do like.....well, I'm already on the hunt for another DP1....

Shooter

D

ddk

Wayne, these shots are awesome. They encourage me to use my DP-1 more often.
Thanks for sharing,
Osman
Osman, like many of Wayne's posts what you're looking at is his vision, heavy processing here (which I like!) and nothing to do with any camera!

smokysun

now, david, don't blow my cover! actually, i think this camera does give me something special to work with. on the other hand, you're right, i can never leave well enough alone.

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. the computer and the camera are extensions of each other. and we realize no one reality covers all.

D

ddk

now, david, don't blow my cover! actually, i think this camera does give me something special to work with. on the other hand, you're right, i can never leave well enough alone.

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. the computer and the camera are extensions of each other. and we realize no one reality covers all.

Sorry about that Wayne, I thought you came out of the closet when you told Osman to play with processing... :)

Here's a link to one of my favorite photographers who's all about manipulation, I think that you'll like him too; Dan Estabrook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk8K.../danestabrookdemo.php&feature=player_embedded

smokysun

hi david,
i was just kidding. i've supplied full disclosure in osman's thread. thanks for the link. i'll check it out. actually, your saying it doesn't matter which camera i use a very great compliment. thanks again.
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp