The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GR-DIII sample shots from DPReview up...

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Looks like they figured out the high ASA stuff.
The 1600 looks good even in color.
The lens looks like more contrast also.
Maybe that is in processing but it just looks like
better tonal separation....

It could be a contender....
Cheap shot using the Oly......
But then again.... That's what they are up against.
Shooter

Tim

Samples

Looks very good...
Thanks for the link John, I feel for me the 800 ISO and maybe even the 1600 are likely to be usable up to a certain size.

From here I think I'll have to try some PP on the RAW files - at least Ricoh have the good sense to use DNG format so I can try sample RAWs in any PP RAW app. To me this adds value to the camera as you don't have to invest in something else to PP images as you might with something proprietary.

If you are looking for some RAW samples, Cris has posted some here http://ricohforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2958

Lili

John, thanks for the link, they look very good. I would still like to see how it does B&W jpegs
Cannot wait for reviews....

O

Oxide Blu

... I feel for me the 800 ISO and maybe even the 1600 are likely to be usable up to a certain size.
I am disappointed with the GRDiii's ISO 1600 stuff. Way too much noise. Haven't compared it to the GRDii because I don't care too -- won't be shooting there.

The ISO 800 may be usable in some situations. I think with the right match of post processing NR it could be ok.

Something that blew my socks off -- the mixed light metering whatever they call it. Shooting at night, florescent, incandescent, and fireworks ... and the images are as if lit by similar color light sources. :thumbs: I have no idea ... voodoo, maybe?!? :D

Oh, and long exposures -- out to 1-sec or 2-sec, are very, very, very usable!!! :thumbs: Haven't had the need to go longer than that, yet.