The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how many cameras is enough?

C

Colman

Enough? Hah. What I have and use:

GR-D II, all the accessories. Goes everywhere.
D200 (recently upgraded from D70s when the prices dropped!), collection of primes, 70-200VR.
Nikon EM, which I love dearly. Small, no hassle, enough manual control, feels nice. And my beloved 20mm AF works as a wide angle on it.
I'm in the process of resurrecting my Bender Photographic kit-build 4" x 5" ...

I *want* a real film rangefinder. Trying to resist at the moment.

Does a Coolscan V count as a camera?

Not counting my old silver cameras (lots of them, but all retired), I have a Nikon D200 with 17-55/2.8 (my "lumbago outfit"), a Digilux 2, and now a D-lux 3.

Afraid the D200 will be used less and less, mainly for dogs/kids and similar UFO´s.

The D-lux 3 is a new love that´s almost always with me.

The Digilux 2 has been temporarily retired while I learn the D-lux, but I think I´ll get back to using it a lot again. Being able to instantly preset the zoom, even when the power is off, is great (this is one of the weak points of the D-lux), and it is far easier to hold and to use in cold weather.

Yet another one? Well, the GRD II might still come my way; very impressed with what I see in this forum. And of course the M8, whenever I strike oil in my backyard....;)

Greg Lockrey

At least two of every thing. I only shoot in stereo now once I got turned onto it a couple of years ago. Non stereo images are just half done. ;) ;) :toocool:

A

ace@e11

Cameras that I use are:

• Ricoh GX100
  • Ricoh GR-D
  • Epson R-D1
  • Leica MP
  • Canon EOS 1Ds (the original one)
  • Canon EOS 1v
Of these, the GX100 goes with me almost everywhere, and the R-D1 or 1Ds are used when I go out specifically to take photographs. Regrettably, the film cameras don't get used so much nowadays.

I also collect old cameras, but they are too numerous to list!

Alan

P

Player

Digi:

Canon A95 (my first)
Ricoh GRD2
Nikon D200
Nikon D80

Film:

Minox 35 GT-E
Nikon F2 (meterless finder)
Nikon FM3A

Greg Lockrey

Well, the mind boggles....
It surely does....:grin:

For the tech geeks: Canon 5D, DeWijis 6.5mm separation lens 3.6:1 macro f/90 . Canon MT 24ex twin flash.

You need to cross your eyes slightly to see this as a stereo. :) That is: cross your eyes till you see three images and look at the center image only while holding your eyes crossed.

The scale speed that this little guy moves is at about 125 mph. ;)

nostatic

It surely does....:grin:

For the tech geeks: Canon 5D, DeWijis 6.5mm separation lens 3.6:1 macro f/90 . Canon MT 24ex twin flash.

You need to cross your eyes slightly to see this as a stereo. :) That is: cross your eyes till you see three images and look at the center image only while holding your eyes crossed.

The scale speed that this little guy moves is at about 125 mph. ;)
cool. The other trick for seeing this is to put your finger midway between your eye and the computer screen. Focus on your finger, then remove your finger without changing your eye gaze.

As a reformed chemist, I spent many an hour resolving stereo chemical structures. It becomes easier but can give you a massive headache. Oh wait, maybe that was the ether :p

kai.e.g.

That's the first one of these stereo pairs I've been able to resolve. There's a contributor to the GX100 flickr group who posts lots of these, but I've not had success. Now I'll go back and try again armed with these instructions!

Lisa

I'm feeling pretty deprived here:

Nikon D200
Nikon D70 converted to IR
Fujifilm F30 digicam in the purse or car for when I'm not carrying the big ones
I think there's an old Canon EOS film camera somewhere, but I've lost track of it...

Lisa

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Oh Excellent! I feel much better about the few camera I have compared to the rest of you! :)

Canon 5D, 40D, 20D converted to IR
Pentax Optio S (3mp camera that fits inside an Altoids tin), Optio S5z

I'm sure I'm forgetting something... Ahh, camera phone I never use *hahaha*

helenhill

Hmm - should I own up?
okay I will:
M8 . . . . okay, TWO M8's
GX100
D-Lux3
Olympus E1
E3
JONO
YOUR A LITTLE PIGGY and I'm jealous......

as for me ( having just sold my Mamiya 645 pro & Digilux 2 )
which leaves me with:
Digital / D lux 3 & Grd2
Film / Rollei 35S

D

DominicPerry

GRD2
Voigtlander Bessa R3M
Nikon D50
Olympus OM1
Sony P150
Olympus 35SP

and I've never taken a decent shot with any of them. Beat that.

Dominic

A

asabet

Currently use:
Olympus OM-2N (2 of these) - This is my currently most used camera. I most often use it with an OM 40mm f/2 lens.
Bessa R3A - I really enjoy the 1:1 finder on this camera and use it with an M-Hexanon 50/2. However, when I feel the urge to shoot film, I almost always reach for the OM-2N; so I may be selling the Bessa soon. I don't like to keep around gear that I'm not using. Just doesn't feel right to me that a great camera should go unused.
Canon 5D - I mostly use this camera for low light. Most often with the EF 50mm f/1.4. Otherwise, it's mainly been 35mm film for me lately.

Plan to get:
Sigma DP1 and Ricoh GRD II - Will compare these and subsequently sell one.
Olympus E-420 and ZD 25mm f/2.8

Of a number of digital cameras that I have sold or given away, the two I probably enjoyed most were the Leica Digilux 2 and the Ricoh GX100. Both truly great cameras that didn't exactly fit my needs.