The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how many cameras is enough?

PeterA

Canon vs DMR in DSLR - Canon will go if/when leica bring out R10.
M8 stand alone rangefinder system with an MP for film
H1 and Alpa for MF digi with Leaf back.

All my bases are covered.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Canon vs DMR in DSLR - Canon will go if/when leica bring out R10.
M8 stand alone rangefinder system with an MP for film
H1 and Alpa for MF digi with Leaf back.

All my bases are covered.
:p:p:p
...in a perfect world. ...I can only dream!

smokysun

embarassing to admit. i'm thinking of selling some things off after a six year binge of buying!

canon 20d, xti, g3, elfs 420/230
sony 717 (2 of them)
nikon coolpix 995
leica digilux 2 (new sensor)
leica d-lux 2
leica digizoom 4.3
minox m3 replica
panasonic lc5
polaroid x530
fuji f30, f31, f6000fd

as they say, it's been a fun, strange trip. (and the number of lenses is even more absurd.) all i really wanted was a tiny camera that would do everything.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
embarassing to admit. i'm thinking of selling some things off after a six year binge of buying!

canon 20d, xti, g3, elfs 420/230
sony 717 (2 of them)
nikon coolpix 995
leica digilux 2 (new sensor)
leica d-lux 2
leica digizoom 4.3
minox m3 replica
panasonic lc5
polaroid x530
fuji f30, f31, f6000fd

as they say, it's been a fun, strange trip. (and the number of lenses is even more absurd.) all i really wanted was a tiny camera that would do everything.
I'm happy to see you over here at Getdpi. Welcome!

ShiroKuro

seems endless ..
The first camera I purchased was an Olympus c8080 wz which for some odd reason led me to buy a Leica M6 .... the Olympus Pen ee soon followed .... The Konica III ,well just had to have it ...dunno makes great photos and it is wicked cool looking.... maybe my favorite camera ..... Had a contax G2 with a bunch of lenses sold it to by the Ricoh GRD 2 ... Liking this camera so much I bought its older brother the Ricoh GR1s the other day ...this camera is incredible ...... first roll was some provia nc 400 .... amazing results ....

I want an M8 ,Mp and a few lenses ....:D......
If I had to pick just one :confused: hmmmm

nostatic

I've got my camera addiction under control...down to the Leica D-Lux3 and new Pentax K20d. But now I have LBA. Picked this one up yesterday...FA 77mm ltd:

makes these

nostatic

Lens Buying Addiction. It is contagious. It also is made worse by pictures like this:

Apologies for showing glass for bigger sensors. Feel free to show Summicron stuff :p

Lili

Lens Buying Addiction. It is contagious. It also is made worse by pictures like this:

Apologies for showing glass for bigger sensors. Feel free to show Summicron stuff :p
Nostatic, the pancakes are a big reason I got a K100D. Since I got the 50/1.4 I find it hard to justify the 40/2.8.

But I STILL lust for it....

helenhill

Beautiful Nostatic.....
What is LBA? Do I have it too ?
GAS & LBA ...... Whats next ?
and yes 'pancakes' are Truly a Work of Art, Divine

SHIROKURO /Loved the shot of you're cams / the Rollei 35 S or T would be a beautiful addition.....its such a classic beauty :)

NOSTATIC
Lovely shots w/the pentax .......Good to hear your G.A.S. is under control
now you must conquer your LBA :ROTFL::ROTFL:

smokysun

hi cindy,
thanks. yes, i'm having a bad case of flashback. i used my d-lux 2 almost exclusively for a year. then got into buying leica r lenses (7 at last count). now, probably temporarily, i'm chucking it all to use the fuji f30s/f31. the thing about a compact camera is it's ability to be a secret weapon. everyone has one and so it's easier to take pictures anytime, anyplace. also, having a lot of lenses and cameras, it's difficult to really hone your own way of looking at things. but then i get bored easily, pick another camera, another lens, so i don't have to keep doing the same thing. it's a vicious circle. and way too expensive.
anyway, here are two recent events, the first with the fuji f30 and the second with the f31.

www.pbase.com/wwp/mandala2
www.pbase.com/wwp/puppets2

good to hear from you.
best,
wayne