The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the meadow

otumay

Wayne, these shots are breathtaking! I couldn't take my eyes off them, especially the first one. Although I firmly believe that it's the photographer who makes pictures, I couldn't resist thinking that DP-1 is a phenomenal camera regardless of its shortcomings, due to its huge color potential.
Thank you for sharing them with us,
Osman

otumay

Wayne, both versions are equally beautiful and sources of inspiration for me.

Luckily I shall be on vacation starting from tomorrow and will definitely take my DP-1 along. We shall see if any good shots come out of it...

By the way, I am considering buying Color Efex, but found the Pro edition to be a little expensive. Could I get along with a cheaper version, do you think?

Thanks for your constant help and best regards,

Osman

D

D upton-Hackett.

[QUOTE Wayne, both versions are equally beautiful and sources of inspiration for me. unquote]

I agree with Osman.

smokysun

thank you both, very much.

osman, i used the cheaper version for several years and it would probably be enough for you. unfortunately, they do not have an upgrade price (that i know of) so if later you want the full version you have to pay the full price. see what you like to use and if the cheaper version contains what you need. it does have a lot.

do you have a student or faculty member in the family (or a friend)? i'm always enrolled in university classes so i got the educational rate. try www.creationengine.com or www.academicsuperstore.com to check their prices. nik doesn't give the best discount but they give some.

good luck to both of you!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp