The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Life imitating art...or at least T-shirt.

Don Ellis

Besides the image quality of the DP2, there's a little magic in it. This photo was taken blind, at waist level with my thumb on the shutter button, and the camera set to f/2.8 and Manual Focus at 7 feet (her face is not perfectly sharp because she's a little closer than that).

It's a technique I've used for years with other cameras, but I've never gotten the high percentage of keepers that I get with the DP2. Out of every 5 or 10 I shoot with the DP2, at least one has some charm to it... whereas it takes about 30 shots with any other camera (not a scientific evaluation, of course).

Whatever the reason, I like it... and her... and Olive Oyl... and I'm happy that Popeye is pretty well hidden. And what kind of astronomical luck is it that she's adjusting her hair, carrying a perky polka-dot bag, and keeping her left arm high enough that she doesn't obscure Olive?